• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

600 SEL

farazharoon

Hey I was just wondering if anybody could answer my question.

This is something that has bothered me for a while. Can you somebody tell me what the difference is between the a Mercedes S 600 and a 600 SEL. I have seen both badges on the W140 S classes. Just wondering if anybody knew. Also does anybody know what is a SE model?

the mercedes S600 and 600SEL is the same... its just that it was called SEL prior to the facelift... you can tell by the taillights... the SEL is like this

DSCN2368a.jpg

and the S is like this

mercedes.s320.4006.back.jpg

my guess is they also decided to shorten the name... because AFAIK, the letters actually mean some German words, but from the trend, in the 90's, they decided to stop using that and just used single letters

another question about SEL, but a 450 this time

benz12.jpg

it's a 450 SEL --> 4.5 liters
what does the 6.9 mean you find on them??

the 450 SEL does mean it has a 4.5 liter engine. Some models have upgraded engines from the factory, in this case, its a 6.9.

Same thing goes for the 190E 2.3

dathrilla said:
the 450 SEL does mean it has a 4.5 liter engine. Some models have upgraded engines from the factory, in this case, its a 6.9.

Same thing goes for the 190E 2.3

Haha I thought people were stupid and nicked a badge from another car.
We were like "Look! What an idiot, he has a 190 and put a 2.3 badge on it!"

:lol:

jostyrostelli said:
Haha I thought people were stupid and nicked a badge from another car.
We were like "Look! What an idiot, he has a 190 and put a 2.3 badge on it!"

lol... noob :p

hey andy who's S600 is tht?looks like the bali building in PJ..