650bhp McLaren Viper V10

fbc

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
2006 MY07 Astra SRi Turbo
M3lover said:
650 hp to the rear wheels without any driving aids :shock:

Won't be 650hp by the time it reaches the rear wheels, but :shock: nonetheless.

bartboy9891

I'm not Moe
i want McLaren to stop being MB/Chrylser's bitch and work on a car of their own.
Dodge could've extracted another 150hp and added a CF hood without McLaren's input

NAIDANAC A

Car(s)
300E
im with /\ McLaren's name kinda got ruined in the SLR IMO, to me McLarens should be race cars with uber speed that can rarely be beat.

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
NAIDANAC A said:
im with /\ McLaren's name kinda got ruined in the SLR IMO, to me McLarens should be race cars with uber speed that can rarely be beat.

The Viper is a race car.

bartboy9891

I'm not Moe
jetsetter said:
NAIDANAC A said:

The Viper is a race car.
he's implying something along the lines of the Mclaren F1 and McLaren's various racing cars.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I'm sorry, but this Viper is nothing to write home about. Many, many tuners are currently making 800+ HP SRT-10 Vipers, hell, there's even one with 2000 HP. I kid you not.

I am very glad though that it'll be factory spec. They really had to do something like this to reply to the Z06.

Although it's not clear - is this turboed? I doubt it as that adds a lotta wear and stuff (all the high powered tuned ones are) and I think Dodge is pretty hesitant to turbo a factory Viper.

NAIDANAC A

Car(s)
300E
bartboy has it, i mean like the FL LM was amazing, but the SLR... I liked McLarens for being bare bone racers that would be ferraris, but not the SLR it can't keep up with an Enzo and that to me ruins the McLaren image

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
Viper007Bond said:
I'm sorry, but this Viper is nothing to write home about. Many, many tuners are currently making 800+ HP SRT-10 Vipers, hell, there's even one with 2000 HP. I kid you not.

I am very glad though that it'll be factory spec. They really had to do something like this to reply to the Z06.

Although it's not clear - is this turboed? I doubt it as that adds a lotta wear and stuff (all the high powered tuned ones are) and I think Dodge is pretty hesitant to turbo a factory Viper.

No, it is not turbocharged. They wouldn't need too to get 650 hp.

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Saab 900 Turbo
NAIDANAC A said:
bartboy has it, i mean like the FL LM was amazing, but the SLR... I liked McLarens for being bare bone racers that would be ferraris, but not the SLR it can't keep up with an Enzo and that to me ruins the McLaren image
First of all, the F1 was engineered to be the ultimate road car, and racing hadn't factored into it until they finished developing it. A road car first, and a race car second.

Second, the SLR was also designed to be the ultimate road car with McLaren's expertise: a supreme GT (explains the slushbox) with all the luxury fittings you'd find in a Mercedes, while still managing 200mph. Who cares if it can't keep up with a stripped-out F1-inspired supercar like an Enzo?

wooflepoof

Watermelon Connoisseur
Car(s)
Genesis Sedan 3.8
BlaRo said:
NAIDANAC A said:
First of all, the F1 was engineered to be the ultimate road car, and racing hadn't factored into it until they finished developing it. A road car first, and a race car second.

Second, the SLR was also designed to be the ultimate road car with McLaren's expertise: a supreme GT (explains the slushbox) with all the luxury fittings you'd find in a Mercedes, while still managing 200mph. Who cares if it can't keep up with a stripped-out F1-inspired supercar like an Enzo?
Exactly, it's not like the SLR was trying to be something it wasn't. now the BMW 850csi(of which i might buy if i can save up this year:thumbsup: ) was supposed to be the M8, the ultimate driving machine of ultimate driving machines, but since it was so fat and luxury oriented the bmw M division were too embarrassed to put their badge on it so they called it the csi.

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
Wow....that carbon fiber hood must add at least one star to your reputation...
Pathetic :no:

NAIDANAC A

Car(s)
300E
hey i was just saying i think it ruined the McLaren image, as in MY opinion and completely my view, just caz im like that and also dont like mercs too often.