$680,000 Ford Falcon

Deanodriver

@ .au
Car(s)
Holden Barina... whatever it was cheap :)
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21450894-5006009,00.html

Holy crap, $683,650 for a Phase 3!

Then again, worth every penny :)

Remember, that much money would buy here:

50 brand new Holden Barinas
34 brand new Toyota Corollas
Two brand new Aston Martin DB9s
A Ferrari F430, a Porsche 911 GT3, and a VW Golf GTI
19 brand new base model Ford Falcons
9 brand new FPV GT-P's (the closest thing to a modern equivalent)

Last edited:
It isn't even yellow red and blue.

I would've bought a 300sl or a Muria or maybe a Ferrari 250 swb. But if you wanna buy a big bopper instead, then, erm...

why would anyone pay that much for a ford falcon??? 400 cars isn't that rare. $680,000 is nearing the $800,000+ range that authenic '69 camaro zl1's fetch. it's a ford falcon!:yucky:

The father-of-five said he would not drive the car, rather keeping it as an investment.
Figures. Then again, if you just paid half a mil for one...

Screw it. I'm gonna go out, buy a Toyota Corolla XR or something, stick it in a shipping crate under my house, and open it up in 50 years. I'll be driving to Barrett-Jackson with cash registers going off in my ears. 8)

:yawn:

why would anyone pay that much for a ford falcon??? 400 cars isn't that rare. $680,000 is nearing the $800,000+ range that authenic '69 camaro zl1's fetch. it's a ford falcon!:yucky:

Firstly - that's $680k AUSTRALIAN dollars. Secondly, he didn't pay that much purely because it was a Falcon - he paid that much because of the significance of the car and the history attached to it.

Firstly - that's $680k AUSTRALIAN dollars. Secondly, he didn't pay that much purely because it was a Falcon - he paid that much because of the significance of the car and the history attached to it.

And remember, out of those 400, I doubt even 50 of them are still running around. This is in bloody mint condition and worth every single cent. This car back in it day would also have the same kind of cult status that the Camaro you mention would have had, it's a rare classic.

P.S. It's better than the Falcon America had.

it's crazy what people would pay for a car.... i would pay just about any amount for a Lancia Delta S4 granted they are rarer than this but still...

Why would someone spend $2 million for a Fucking Dodge, but people do because it has a hemi and a drop top. Or over half a mil for many other Dodges. If it's a numbers matching car with an original hemi, for some retarded reason it's worth more than legitimately good cars.

Why would someone spend $2 million for a Fucking Dodge, but people do because it has a hemi and a drop top. Or over half a mil for many other Dodges. If it's a numbers matching car with an original hemi, for some retarded reason it's worth more than legitimately good cars.

Again - it's not just the material value they're buying - it's the significance of the car, that's what gives it it's value.

I remember reading in a 1995 issue of Wheels about cars you should invest in. The Phase 3 was selling for around $75,000 then. Ouch.

Do some research on the car, 1971 Ford Falcon GTHO Phase 3. Check out the legend behind the car.

P.S. It's better than the Falcon America had.
i just came to the realization the aussie ford falcon is different from the american ford falcon.

what dodge has gotten $2 million at auction?

What an idiot, that car sucks

I get all the history behind that car but still...I'm scratching my head over someone who can justify paying that much for it. I guess if it makes him happy...

:bangin:

I get all the history behind that car but still...I'm scratching my head over someone who can justify paying that much for it. I guess if it makes him happy...

:bangin:

IMHO paying that much for a HO Phase III makes more sense that paying AUD187,000 for the last-of-the-current-gen Monaro.

And besides, it's also an investment, so it's partly got nothing to do with making him happy - if that's what the car's worth now, and if it's value is going to keep increasing, it's a sound investment. And hell, given the choice between buying some art, some property (I'm guessing he already has plenty of that), or a Phase III for an investment, well I know which I'd choose.

if that's what the car's worth now, and if it's value is going to keep increasing, it's a sound investment.
Let's hope for his sake it does keep going up in value. Imo people who pay hundreds of thousands for cars that originally costs just thousands are mentally insane. All this Barret-Jackson, 2 million dollar Cuda crap here pisses me off. Prices for '30-'60s and even early '70s Detroit iron practically keeps real car enthusiasts from buying the really cool cars. I've seen a body shell of a '69 Camaro, that had been rolled sell for 4k USD. I really hope this artificially inflated classic market deflates soon.