710hp... RWD... and no driving aids

Isn't Lamborghini themselves making a similar version of the LP640 before the Murcielago line is killed off? There were supposedly some prototypes of it at the 'ring.

Didn't lambo themselves have something like this planned? RWD and even more oomph? I'd rather have a factory own one than a tuned one. Although the wing does look nice.

That's what I was thinking, supposedly it's called the Murcielago SV.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/Lamborghini-Murciélago/232171/

The already extremely capable monster has been turned into the world's fastest and most powerful Lamborghini by edo competition: the edo Lamborghini Murcielago LP710/2.

I think they meant that this was the fastest and most powerful Lamborghini Tuned by edo competition and not the fastest and most powerful in general.

710hp... RWD... and no driving aids

lol, you said aids....
butthead.gif

That's what a Lambo should be about, it should be mad and try to kill you all the time

It should be like a raging bull!

Rather nice, but I will wait for the Murcielago SV thanks.

The Murcie's handling is a bit scary because it has a big V12 mounted quite high in the back.

If we start talking about Cobras... we can't not mention the serious stuff.

http://img440.imageshack.**/img440/1452/weineckcobra780cuilimitug5.jpg
http://img222.imageshack.**/img222/1713/weineckcobra780cuilimitus4.jpg

780cui (12.9L) V8...1100hp... 0-300kph (186mph) in 10 seconds

Or the Cobra's replacement -- the Viper. :p

There are 2000 HP Vipers. :? :blink:

I don't see what's ugly about that Weineck Cobra. And note that those 1100 hp are naturally aspirated, there's no forced induction whatsoever.

I like, but I don't really see the point.

The original Lambo has a very good 4WD system that they've just thrown away I suppose.
You also lose a bit of grip on standing starts, since the 4WD will just throw the car at the horizon while the RWD car stands at the line tearing through its very expensive Pirelli's.

dunno really, if you want a superpowerful RWD only car, get something like a Viper or a Corvette

if you want a Lambo, get a Lambo...

That lambo is exactly what the doctor ordered for me!

I need my fix of scary supercars. These days, they're too tame for my liking (well, anything is tame compared to a F40)

The original Lambo has a very good 4WD system that they've just thrown away I suppose.
You also lose a bit of grip on standing starts, since the 4WD will just throw the car at the horizon while the RWD car stands at the line tearing through its very expensive Pirelli's.

dunno really, if you want a superpowerful RWD only car, get something like a Viper or a Corvette

But that's the point - for me this is more of a pure Lambo than the standard AWD Murcie. Lambos shouldn't be sensible - they should be bonkers, intimidating and tricky to drive.

I'll admit there's room for relatively sensible Lambos like the Gallardo - but there should always be a mental-patient spec at the top of the range just waiting to rip your head off should you give it half a chance.

With 700+ horses it will peel out even on AWD esp Lambo's rear biased AWD

Mmmmm...... puuuurdy.....

The SV is said to be unveiled @ the Paris Motor Show (October 4-19) and is reported to be sporting a 690 BHP iteration of the famous V12 engine and some say more than 100kg weightloss. It will also be available with 2 spoilers, one bigger and more outrageous than the other. :mrgreen:

You mean like this?

Ac.Cobra.1.jpg

There's a long tradition of doing that sort of thing.

The original Ac Cobra was anything but impossible to drive.. That is, before the Yankees started sticking Big blocks at the front.

I Like everything on the Lambo exept the rear wing and the rims.

Good car.

But that's the point - for me this is more of a pure Lambo than the standard AWD Murcie. Lambos shouldn't be sensible - they should be bonkers, intimidating and tricky to drive.

I'll admit there's room for relatively sensible Lambos like the Gallardo - but there should always be a mental-patient spec at the top of the range just waiting to rip your head off should you give it half a chance.

:lol: @ the gallardo being "sensible". Since when is a 500+ hp car sensible?

And I think a "standard" Murcie is bonkers and intimidating enough for most people, even with AWD. It's not like they're impossible to crash

What if you want something faster than a Murcielago but at the same time you'd like something "upscale", ie not a modded supra/corvette/viper/etc? Modded Lambo is the way to go then I guess