720p TG 16x01 not streaming to PS3? All other HD files working....

nweibley

Anyone having any trouble streaming the 720p version of S16E01 to their PS3?

I tried using PS3MediaServer in both linux and windows, and both failed on only this episode (all other MKV episodes remuxed normally). Debugging logs didn't show anything particularly evident, and the file seems to check out in mplayer (codec headers read normally, look like previous episodes)

I can't figure it out, but it definitely won't stream for me. :| I had to hook up my laptop w/ XBMC.

I second this one. Put the 720 rip on a thumbdrive and neither the 360 or the PS3 would play it. (PS3 didn't even recognize it). Tversity isn't getting along with it either. Something change in the file format?

Last edited:
Yeah I had trouble streaming the file last night as well. I was left with a black screen.

I ran it through mkv2vob and was able to stream the .avi output flawlessly.

I too am having problems. When I try to remux with mkv2vob, after it starts it lists "repairing AC3" then an error "mencoder.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Afterwords the video works but there is no sound. It will have only a black screen on my PS3.

I have had a Similar problem using tsMuxer. I usually remux to a m2ts so they don't have to be transcoded on the fly, but TSMuxer doesn't like the audio track, and won't remux with the audio intact. I haven wanting to watch this episode, but if i cant figure it out i might be stuck watching it the computer.

Dr.

:hmm: Probably a bug with one of the open-source tools then, or something ffmpeg/ffac3.

I'll dig deeper if I get the chance later this week, especially so if it keeps happening with future releases. Glad to know it wasn't just me though.

Last edited:
same problems here

same problems here

Hi!

Yes, I have the same problems. First of all, as I just wrote, PS3 doesn't like .mkv and the previously used 1080i.ts was just about perfect - in quality, file size as well as that it worked ;)

This 720p mkv doesn't. Can't stream it to PS3 as such, so I tried to use tsMuxer to convert it to .ts format. However, it didn't find any sound track... or it didn't recognize it. I don't know. I then tried to watch the episode with VLC, and even VLC could not find audio track. At the same time, I tried to Middle East Special and that worked. So there is a problem in the file - you are correct.

So, I must wait until we get 1080i.ts formats... :(

I am having the same issue too. Black screen on my PS3. I am using a Macbook Pro with PS3 media server.

I had to convert the MKV to MP4 using Playback (from Yazsoft for Mac). It works now. I can stream the file using the PS3 media server.

How come no one wants the 1080i files anymore. I never had any issues using the 1080i rips.

same issues here.....

always able to stream anything from finalgear to my ps3 through tversity.
the season 16 feeds, though, no go.......last week mkv2vob worked - this week, nothing has worked.

using mkv2vob, all the sound now sounds like alvin and the chipmunks......

ugh....

guess i'm watching the sd version.....

ugh....

I'm having the same problem. To get it to play on DivX, I had to install an AC3 filter (never had to do to play it) and mkv2vob makes it sound exactly like you're describing.

did a test with playon media server; that worked for the HD version. playon uses VLC for its streaming portion (other than outside services).

ugh....

Having the same problem right now. Freakin chipmunks screwing up my top gear :mad:

Anyway, I'm trying something other than mkv2vob to see if that works.

PS3 Video 9 seems to have re-encoded it OK without the sound issues, worked even better on the PS3 as well. Took 45 minutes to re-encode though...

I can't get 16x01 to play on my PS3 either. PS3 Media Server just shows a blank screen.

Damn! So close to watching the new season and then this.

Having the same problem again with 16x2 I was forced to use the SD version last time. What is different about the audio tracks this season. PS3 media server won't Transcode, and TSmuxer wont let me remux to m2ts. What gives?

Dr.