Ownership Verified: '79 BMW E21 323i... with a 4L inline 6 for good measure.

I may have to change the wheels anyway, the brakes are woeful for the new amount of power, and it looks like I can get Billet 5x120 front hubs which would allow me to use factory Holden Commodore 296x28mm rotors and twin piston calipers on the front. This will mean I can use later model BMW or holden wheels on the car so will open up my options (for the front at least).

I could get blank rotors and have them drilled 4x100 but that's not as cheap as an ongoing option than just buying commodore rotors from people locally parting out cars so I've got something to swap on if I crack a rotor at a hill climb or track event etc.

14233238233_9b19c76824_o_d.jpg

http://www.e21build.com/2014/05/desktop-wallpapers-1920x1200.html

Apparently they're a bit rare. They're called electric flags and are the early style power mirrors. Later cars had the mirror in the A pillar triangle. I don't mind these, the later style look a little too dated for me, I guess these are half way. I cut the wiring out (whoops) so they're manual "adjust by moving the glas" now anyway :)

Apparently they're a bit rare. They're called electric flags and are the early style power mirrors. Later cars had the mirror in the A pillar triangle. I don't mind these, the later style look a little too dated for me, I guess these are half way. I cut the wiring out (whoops) so they're manual "adjust by moving the glas" now anyway :)

Aaaaaah, didn't realise they were powered, guess that explains why they are a bit chunky. My mirrors are of the "stick your arm out the window and move the whole unit" variety. :lol:

It's a bmw, not a BL contraption :p
Hey, it's an older design, the Sprint went up against the 2002tii originally. :p

1004_02_z+triumph_dolomite_sprint_and_bMW_2002tii+front_view.jpg

Later in life the huge price difference made up for pleb-spec mirrors, besides that's more weight to lug around. It's all about weight saving! Who needs a passenger side mirror (option), or a radio (option), or a front valance (standard, but will dissolve rapidly)? :lol:

And the 2002tii was also a superior car :p
Aside from being slower, heavier, having less space inside, the interior being a lesson in living in poverty and being double the price. (The front end is also less aesthetically pleasing from an objective point of view.) :p

It was miles ahead in handling and quality. Looks are subjective.