800 hp Ford Fiesta to contest the Pikes Peak

marcos_eirik

Car(s)
Mostly my feet, occasionally a Tesla
Ford Fiesta Powered by 800+ hp Engine to Run Pikes Peak
Entered by Sweden?s Olsberg Motor Sport Evolution team

2888246.jpg

8941168.jpg

Ford has announced the new Fiesta will make its American motorsports debut at the Pike's Peak International Hill Climb on July 19.

Two specially modified Fiestas will be entered by Sweden's Olsberg Motor Sport Evolution team, with manger Andreas Eriksson and professional rally driver Marcus Gr?nholm taking the wheel. They've set an ambitious goal for themselves, they're trying to become the first team to ever complete the 12.4-mile pavement and gravel course in less than 10 minutes.

In order to have a shot a succeeding, the Fiestas have been equipped with a high performance 2.0-liter Duratec engine that produces more than 800 horsepower, we repeat - 800hp. The cars have also been outfitted with all-wheel drive and a unique Rallycross sports suspension which was jointly developed by Olsbergs Motor Sport Evolution, ?hlins, and Ford's team of European RS engineers.

According to Eriksson, "We are excited to be bringing the car to Pike's Peak and to be able to see what it can do in such a unique competition. It's a legendary event, and we've already been there to take a look at the challenge we will face. I'm convinced we'll be a top contender to break the 10-minute mark and give the Fiesta a proper racing debut in the U.S."
Source...

I'd put my internal organs on ebay if they announced a production version.

Surprised it's not an YB engine.. Duretec is an interesting "newer" choice for a racing car.

i dont even wanna know what they did to that duratec to get that power out of it.... the turbo must be huge, probably doesnt run on normal petrol i bet

ridiculous.... and marcus gronholm at the wheel! this is gonna be amazing

:woot: I'm so excited! I might finally be able to go this year, and I MUST see this!

So the plan is, I find 4 mil or so somewhere (prolly cost of development), break into the warehouse steal it and leave them the money. I think that's fair :)

Thats surprisingly stock looking compared to what I had in mind.

Does that mean Ford is making a road version? :p

So the plan is, I find 4 mil or so somewhere (prolly cost of development), break into the warehouse steal it and leave them the money. I think that's fair :)

Or you could probably just buy one from them.. :cool:

edit. And the car in those pics are not the car they'll be using at the pikes peak..
s_49ddec8dda10e.jpg

Last edited:
Surprised it's not an YB engine.. Duretec is an interesting "newer" choice for a racing car.

eh the YB is ancient at this point and the duratec is a lighter all alloy motor that is curretnly being used in all manner of motorsport. NA versions are making 300+ bhp so 800 from forced induction isn't too out of this world....

eh the YB is ancient at this point and the duratec is a lighter all alloy motor that is curretnly being used in all manner of motorsport. NA versions are making 300+ bhp so 800 from forced induction isn't too out of this world....

THe YB is ancient, but it's still used in just about every Ford based Rallycross/etc. car that has 4wd. It would have just been the obvious choice for a Fiesta pikes peak racer.

The Focus WRC has never had a YB powerplant the first gen had a Zetec and Ford has been using the Duratec for WRC since 2007. I mean was the YB ever even available in transverse?

Last edited:
Shit that turbo must be huge....

ENGINE PICTURES

NOW

800bhp from a 2 litre?

i cant even possibly imagine what the size of the turbos are gonna be...

You Swedish people are crazy :p :)

The Duratec's are solid motor's guys here in the states have gotten like 200 whp by bumping up the compression. The engine is miles ahead of the Ztec(iron block)..