800 hp Ford Fiesta to contest the Pikes Peak

What do I have to do to get seat time in this thing? Or any Pikes peak car?

Lol at the stone up ass video :lol:

I am sure it will be fast as hell. But for their first year running pikes peak my money is on Suzuki. They have had several years to develop that car and it is a lot more advanced when it comes to aero and construction. If I remember correctly that thing is all carbon and I know it is midengined, though the fiesta may well be aswell. Also that 800 will be way down once they reach the top. The air up there is crazy thin for a race car. But in any case DO WANT. Glad to see them coming over to America. Now all we need is more American Rally/Rallycross racing.

I am sure it will be fast as hell. But for their first year running pikes peak my money is on Suzuki. They have had several years to develop that car and it is a lot more advanced when it comes to aero and construction.

Well, none of us have seen the actual Pikes Peak Fiesta..

It will be something like the red, white and blue one, but the owner said that there are still pieces missing.

Last edited:
Well, none of us have seen the actual Pikes Peak Fiesta..

It will be something like the red, white and blue one, but the owner said that there are still pieces missing.

The wings are not large enough in those pics for Pikes Peak duty, so I think that will be the major difference. All of the fast cars at PP have enormous front and rear wings.

Interestingly enough, the engine in the Suzuki is basically a heavily modified Mazda KLZE V6 which has some links to Ford as well.

Last edited:
I doubt that they will break the record but it will sure be awesome to see Marcus try. I wouldn't be surprised if its just a de-restricted WRC motor, especially given Ford's official involvement.

I would still put my money on Tajima. He may even break 10 minutes.

I doubt that they will break the record but it will sure be awesome to see Marcus try. I wouldn't be surprised if its just a de-restricted WRC motor, especially given Ford's official involvement.

I would still put my money on Tajima. He may even break 10 minutes.

I was sooo hoping to see it last year, but the track was slow for nearly every car including his. My pic as he screamed past:

39.jpg

Just an insane car.

400bhp/litre :jawdrop: Isn't that some type of record?

Nah, with turbocharging there's been some insane bhp/litre figures from time to time.

The real challenge is getting huge bhp/litre numbers out of a N/A engine :)

How, in the name of god, did they manage to get 800hp from a 2.0 L engine? Koenigsegg needed a 4.7 L twin-supercharged V8 to get that amount of power :?

How, in the name of god, did they manage to get 800hp from a 2.0 L engine? Koenigsegg needed a 4.7 L twin-supercharged V8 to get that amount of power :?

Yes but the Fiesta engine only needs a life span of about 11 minutes...

man... I sooooooo wish I could be there this year, but I don't think it is in the cards... for those that do make it, enjoy the hell out of it!

Might have meth injection also who knows or NOZZZ :p

"You're lucky you didn't blow the welds on the intake. Now me an the master mechanic....."

Ok, I'll stop now.

That would make the backroad commute more fun. :D