800 hp Ford Fiesta to contest the Pikes Peak

I'm sorry maybe this has been posted before, but can someone tell me what channel is showing the pikes peak coverage?

It doesn't look like I will be able to go to PPIHC, so no pics from me, sorry. I've got airport shuttle obligations. :(

Last edited:
Tajima FTW, that guy is a beast.

Gr?nholm isn't a slouch either, considering that it's his first time ever on Pikes Peak. :cool: If he decides to try again next year, he might be a really tough challenger for Tajima.

Starfox and I just had our picture taken with the RS200 by the team boss Alan Greenwood :mrgreen:

You wanna take it back to Koenegseiggseiggs every week to have the engine rebuilt?

Racing motors have VERY different requirements than street motors do. They dont have to idle for long periods, they dont have to stay cool in stop and go traffic, they dont have to do stop and go traffic, tehy dont have to make power at reasonable RPM's, they dont have to last years and years of regular driving....

Reliability and practicality are the reason road engines dont make ridiculous horsepower. But if you can afford to rebuild a race engine and learn how to drive it on the street, go ahead. But you'll be missing the practicality of street-bred performance engines pretty quickly.

Unless you build yourself a racetrack... :cool:

Oh, and the RS 200 team already blew their motor. They've spent the past 4-5 days rebuilding it and were fuel tuning it at the summit today, it lives!

Last edited:
can someone answer my question? No TV coverage?

^Shouldn't RU have that sorted?

RS200 wasn't running to well...:( Rhys Millen's Genesis coupe was faster (to be fair, he broke his class record so he was FLYING)

Fiesta & SX4....:jawdrop:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcGwq5VNknQ[/youtube]

Last edited:
Also vids for the RS200 and SX4

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg8DQrIfaao[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRLO5u7sqyo[/YOUTUBE]

Well, the results are in. Gr?nholm had Turbo problems and the RS200 wasn't running properly. "Monster" still holds the title.

Division: Unlimited
Driver Name Number Vehicle Glen Cove/Sixteen Mile/Finish Line
Nobuhiro Tajima 1 2009 Suzuki SX4 04:34.100/07:08.458/10:15.368
Marcus Gronholm 3 2009 Ford Fiesta 04:50.397/07:34.078/11:28.963
Mark Rennison 200 1984 Ford RS 200 05:26.302/08:25.241/12:11.561

Well, the results are in. Gr?nholm had Turbo problems and the RS200 wasn't running properly. "Monster" still holds the title.

Division: Unlimited
Driver Name Number Vehicle Glen Cove/Sixteen Mile/Finish Line
Nobuhiro Tajima 1 2009 Suzuki SX4 04:34.100/07:08.458/10:15.368
Marcus Gronholm 3 2009 Ford Fiesta 04:50.397/07:34.078/11:28.963
Mark Rennison 200 1984 Ford RS 200 05:26.302/08:25.241/12:11.561

Yep, the RS200 was breaking up badly and the Fiesta caught on fire just passed where I was :lol:

edit: Just edited 2 pics

Fiesta_02.jpg

Fiesta_01.jpg

Last edited:
Still no sub 10 minutes huh? Was it the conditions?

It seems to me like they don't really develop the cars though...that Suzuki looks the same as the last couple years...

Still no sub 10 minutes huh? Was it the conditions?

It seems to me like they don't really develop the cars though...that Suzuki looks the same as the last couple years...

Track conditions mainly yes, it was really dry and the dirt section was really really slick. That was what all the drivers were reporting.

And yes they do develop the cars. The Suzuki was brand new for this year and is purpose built for this event. It was based off the SX4, last year it was based off the XL7.

The thing with Pikes Peak is it is really finicky and track conditions heavily influence times. And unfortunately the weather is so unpredictible that ideal conditions are really rare. This year it went from sunny without a cloud in the sky to rain/hail and wind in the afternoon.

But if the powers that be get their way the whole damn mountain could be paved for next year :rolleyes: That will surely reflect some super fast times.

[YOUTUBE]K8nptFx1jug[/YOUTUBE]

This is a MUST WATCH in HD.. the sound.. my god, the sound of the turbo..! :drool::woot:

HOLY CRAP! I LOVE YOU FOR POSTING THIS!

That is amazing stuff!