'89 Mini Flame

For giggles, repaint the roof with a flag from a obscure country like Trashcanistan or some such.

It would obviously be green, black and grey.

oscar.jpg

Even I haven't got the hammer on mine yet.

For giggles, repaint the roof with a flag from a obscure country like Trashcanistan or some such.

I think the USSR would be more appropriate.

Oooo! Your car makes me like this -----> :mrgreen: *Jeremy Clarkson voice* Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! *Jeremy Clarkson voice*

Last edited:
:) I've seen some fabulous airbrushed roof flags. The welsh dragon is pretty standard - you can get that as a big sticker - but I've seen a dragon with a st andrews cross and a union flag with a bulldog pulling at one corner, but my favourite was a bulldog cosying up to a dragon so presumably a welsh/english couple owned that one.

Nice Mini- love the original ones, was fairly close to buying one not too long ago. The thing I love about them is they're like bikes- you can have fun even just driving down to the shops. :D

Yep, I've been to Tesco four times and my housemate with mobility difficulties is loving me as so far we've been all over the shopping village, to the vet and to a friend's on the other side of Manchester. Apparently satnav doesn't count the Afoo(M) roads as motorways. I've also been on a 4-hour magical mystery tour which was supposed to be "what's the first bit of the journey down to the parents like if I avoid motorways" and ended up being "go past another housemate's office and, after more than three hours, find yourself about 11 miles from home." Only took a couple of turns and I knew my own way home. So really, that could have gone better. What the hell it was doing I don't know, but at least it didn't take me down the 12p toll road. The booth is... interesting to reach from a mini.

For extra street cred she could go with this:

nazi-flag.jpg

It's certainly got some acceleration!
main.jpg

Anyway, you've got to love the old minis. I would love one of the later models but they hold the price amazingly well.

Today I made it all the way to the boyfriend's place. I had to pay the 12p toll. The child in the booth asked what my car wanted to be when it grew up. Philistine.

Today I made it all the way to the boyfriend's place. I had to pay the 12p toll. The child in the booth asked what my car wanted to be when it grew up. Philistine.

:lol:

Sorry. That's my kind of sense of humour though.

You can tell people it wants to be a Ford Flex when it grows up.

2009_flex_red.jpg

(I know its hard to tell scale in that picture, but the car seats 7 and according to King Clarkson it's 1 FOOT longer than an XC90.)

*shudder*
It wants to be the ringmini!

Thank you! It IS a completely horrendous car and I don't understand the fascination with it. But it does look like a Mini on steroids, overgrown in all the wrong places.

More like the result of a drunken evening between a BMW MINI Clubman and a Landrover Defender...

Just realised I'd not got round to sticking up a pic here of my new wheels.
4109152686_6bdacf977e.jpg

Really shows up the awful paint job, too...