911 Speedster

The VW Golf comes in more variations ... only Porsche makes a big fuss about everything. 3 basic engines, choice of 4wd (or not), 4 bodytypes (3without the speester) and various stages of "tuning" for everything ... that turns out 20 combinations that they all eagerly try to sell/market as something individual. The Golf can easily beat that with a choice of 4 Bodytypes (not counting the EOS, New Beetle and scirocco) 4 eninges (in various tune-stages) and optional 4wd (not yet throughout the whole range). Yet apart from "blue motion", "GTI" and "R" models, VW doesn?t market every little change as an individual product.
Don?t get me wrong, as a consumer, I like choice ... I don?t like them making a fuss about it.

I love 911's, but I hate 911's without a proper roof. Does that make sense?

I think they mentioned it on TopGear, but any car that was designed as a hardtop should stay a hardtop. The Boxster is cool because it was designed to be topless from the beginning.

TomCat I completely agreed with you right up until you said "The Boxster is Cool".

It is not. End of story.

TomCat I completely agreed with you right up until you said "The Boxster is Cool".

It is not. End of story.

That is certainly your opinion. :lol: But I didn't mean cool as in badass or something. I meant cool as in acceptable, well designed, etc. We're talking Porsches, that's why I brought up the Boxster.

Well as much as I love 911s this one doesn't cut the cheese...That hump, its just..blah. Although I do like the rims and the Chip Guards!
In the 911 range give me my midlife crisis Turbo. Or a GT2 RS :p

*snip*Less Car, More Money*

Well nowadays almost everyone sports car manufacture do that, no?

Last edited:
the back end looks super phat. super booty. Quasimodo in a tracksuit as Kajun put it

cause it's sold out?

It was sold out in 48 hours since there were only 250 available. ;)

The Speedster looks good when you look at it from the back, but from 3/4 front as in the second picture the bump is ugly.

And I agree that Porsche makes a fuzz about little changes, but you have to remember it's a limited production run of 356 cars, so it will be sold out in no time and then disappears from that list.

I won't buy one until they offer a 911 with a manually operated power targa top, Dihedral-syncrohelix actuation doors, 1940s styling, a 40 degree approach angle with the ability to ford up to 22 inches of water, and a dual clutch manual CVT transmission. It must go around the Nurburgring faster than a Carrera GT, and have the ability to win the Dakar rally.

Until then, there is no 911 for me.