A Balanced Viewpoint - "Jeremy Clarkson is a Good Egg"

I know Angela Rippon. Wasn't she the first presenter of Old Top Gear back in 1977? Didn't expect her name here.

I think there are just people who wait for Clarkson to say something that they can then take as being offensive. The context in which it was said isn't necessary, it just has to be offensive in someway.

This.

Further balance, surprisingly from the Telegraph and cross posted from the Fracas thread.....

Boo hoo, the stupid mean liberals have taken ickle Brendan's show away! :boohoo:

As much as I love Top Gear and already miss it, it's Clarkson who threw the punch; not Danny Cohen or anybody else, but the big fat oaf who had already been told just exactly how deep a hole he'd been digging for himself. There could be no more excuses or warnings. If they had renewed his contract, what kind of message would that have sent? "We'll sack anyone who injures a coworker, unless they're a star and have tried to apologise" or something?

Shame that it had to end like this, but for whatever reason, he left the BBC with no real choice. I'd be extremely happy if TG were resurrected later on, but for the moment, it probably can't be done.

Boo hoo, the stupid mean liberals have taken ickle Brendan's show away! :boohoo:

As much as I love Top Gear and already miss it, it's Clarkson who threw the punch; not Danny Cohen or anybody else, but the big fat oaf who had already been told just exactly how deep a hole he'd been digging for himself. There could be no more excuses or warnings. If they had renewed his contract, what kind of message would that have sent? "We'll sack anyone who injures a coworker, unless they're a star and have tried to apologise" or something?

Shame that it had to end like this, but for whatever reason, he left the BBC with no real choice. I'd be extremely happy if TG were resurrected later on, but for the moment, it probably can't be done.

Agreed.

The guy knows he's wildly popular around the world and basically knows he can get away with things that no other lower level employee at that show would get away with. Finally crossed a line too far and now TG's staff and fans are suffering.

Whomever said that those who appear like an asshat in public is real nice in private life....yeah not in this case apparently.

Clarkson owes an apology to the fans imo. His ego has obviously grown way too big and he couldn't control himself and act like an adult and so now many are suffering his actions' consequences.