A compilation of articles and videos regarding income inequality in the United States

Interrobang

Forum Addict
prizrak;n3548327 said:
The only motivation for a business is making profit, that's hardly news.
I disagree. Many people wanna build something, please customers - maybe even change the world with their buisness. Making profit in the process is often just one motivation of a few and there are also people starting buisnesses that don't even wanna do that. They then call it a "non-profit" and it's still a buisness. To clarify; I'm not saying that's the norm or that most buisnesses don't wanna make profit - but your statement that profit is the only driving force behind creating and running a buisness - is plain wrong.
Only on Ferenginar is Profit the only driving force behind buisnesses. ;)

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
Interrobang;n3550658 said:
I disagree. Many people wanna build something, please customers - maybe even change the world with their buisness. Making profit in the process is often just one motivation of a few and there are also people starting buisnesses that don't even wanna do that. They then call it a "non-profit" and it's still a buisness. To clarify; I'm not saying that's the norm or that most buisnesses don't wanna make profit - but your statement that profit is the only driving force behind creating and running a buisness - is plain wrong.
Only on Ferenginar is Profit the only driving force behind buisnesses. ;)
People may start businesses for multiple reasons, but the driving force behind any business is and always will be profit. Otherwise instead of starting a business one would simply give away whatever it is that they produce OR start a non-profit, which are organizations but are not businesses. A business that does not seek to make profit, does not succeed.
wikipedia said:
Business is the activity of making one's living or making money by producing or buying and selling products (goods and services).[1][2][3][4] Simply put, it is "any activity or enterprise entered into for profit.

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
This video is a typical illustration of the "liberal progressive" thinking. Here is a problem but there is no solution.