A few Ferrari 599 GTB pictures

i hope the commercial will be online

I just noticed something looking at those pictures... the panel behind the window isn't really a panel, it's a kind of vertical fin thing... I don't really know what to call it. Here's an image for reference:

http://img386.imageshack.**/img386/7219/5992dj.jpg

Is it just me or does it look more like the C06? I mean they are getting there ass handed to them from the C06 Team. And its no secreat that Ferrari is really trying to beat the Vette team as much as they can.

I like that fin! And I like that ass!

Not so sure about those b-o-r-i-n-g Scaglietti-ish headlamps though...

Zuhaib said:
Is it just me or does it look more like the C06? I mean they are getting there ass handed to them from the C06 Team. And its no secreat that Ferrari is really trying to beat the Vette team as much as they can.
I am sorry but the middle ages have passed a long time ago... Not to forget GM's market value. There will always be a big difference between a Ferrari and a stupid, outdated GM car.... That short time of independence is still not enough... (Well not enough to beat the car's from Maranello)

hajj said:
Zuhaib said:
I am sorry but the middle ages have passed a long time ago... Not to forget GM's market value. There will always be a big difference between a Ferrari and a stupid, outdated GM car.... That short time of independence is still not enough... (Well not enough to beat the car's from Maranello)
Not this again...

:wall: x 10000

Zuhaib said:
lol, i the last thing on Ferrari's mind is trying to out do the vette. :lol:
(not because the vette is a bad car; it just sounds ridiculous)

BlaRo said:

It was coming as soon as Zuhaib posted, I think...

Aaaanywho. Ferrari has no need to worry about any other carmakers at the moment - their sales are at their highest ever, their factory is working fulltime, they successfully launched 3 new models last year [575 Superamerica, 612 and 430], all to critical acclaim from the press.

I doubt they're worrying about the new Corvette, no matter how good or bad it might be. And bear in mind more'n half of Ferrari's sales are Europe-based, where the Corvette ain't exactly going to challenge Ferrari for dominance [looking at markets, dealer network etc].

Besides, the Corvette - technically the Chevrolet Corvette, no? Well, you can buy a new ?6,000 car with a Chevrolet badge on it over here. You can't say that about Ferrari. It's that non-dilution of brand values that's appealing to Fezza customers.

hajj said:

then please tell me how the outdated C6R is winning every race there is?

matt_shaw said:
then please tell me how the outdated C6R is winning every race there is?

Because it's ancient they've had 10 bajillion years to learn how to fix everything that goes wrong, and so their pitstops last milliseconds.

Besides, think how much weight they save by having a really poor-quality interior fittings made out of plastic. :p

flamingice said:
I just noticed something looking at those pictures... the panel behind the window isn't really a panel, it's a kind of vertical fin thing... I don't really know what to call it. Here's an image for reference:

http://img386.imageshack.**/img386/7219/5992dj.jpg

:? :?

matt_shaw said:
teeb said:
Besides, think how much weight they save by having a really poor-quality interior fittings made out of plastic. :p

im pretty sure plastic weighs more then carbon fibre

Yep, but it weighs less than, say, the wood used in Jag's racing cars for their interiors. :p

teeb said:
matt_shaw said:
teeb said:

Yep, but it weighs less than, say, the wood used in Jag's racing cars for their interiors. :p

jaguar doesnt race production based cars

matt_shaw said:
teeb said:
matt_shaw said:
teeb said:

Oh, stop ruining my fun :p

matt_shaw said:
teeb said:
matt_shaw said:
teeb said:

(You.

The joke.)

x1000000

I think the car looks a bit Japanese........somehow the Italian style is not very apparent, compared to older designs such as F40, and even the F355.