A Forum Star In A Reasonably Priced Car [Suzuki Swift, flying start]

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
https://pic.armedcats.net/v/vi/viper007bond/2010/12/04/track20.jpg

The standing start was a pain in the ass, so we're going with the flying start. I'll keep the standing start times here for a while, but from now on it's a flying start only.

Rules and Regulations.

Car: Suzuki Swift Sport 2007.
Track: Top Gear Test Track.
Other: Rolling Start
Assists: Everything off, including ABS. Brake balance should be as standard.
Modifications: None (Standard car)
Transmission: Manual.
View: Cockpit.
Tyres: Comfort.
Controller: Pad or Wheel (Please state in your time which you use.)
Timer: The time must be valid, eg no red timers for cutting corners, hitting barriers.
Verification: Not needed, but try to save & upload replay if you have a really fast lap.

The now CLOSED STANDING START Laptimes:

Cold Fussion: 1:36.190. (G25)
chris311: 1:36.571. (DFGT, paddle shifters.)
BoxrDiesel: 1.37.262. (G27, paddle shifters)
dj.TAKA: 1:37.322. (DFGT, paddle shifters)
roundhead: 1:37.471. (G25 wheel, using the paddles)
Ja404: 1:37.538 (DFGT, paddle shifters.)
DarkRaven: 1:38.134 (Pad)
Amanaman: 1:38.279. (wheel with six speed shifter)
Raceface502: 1:38.535 (Pad)
Sik Pony: 1:38.550. (Pad)
Gingertom: 1:38.610 (Pad)
jpmfanll: 1:38.747. (Wheel with paddles)
HotCooler: 1:38.808. (G25 with paddles)
Ninocrank: 1:38.898
Murcie_LP640: 1:38.925 (G25 with six speed shifter)
speedmeist3r: 1:38.972. (Wheel with paddles)
Loz: 1:39.577. (Pad)

Note that lap times are quite a bit faster from the Liana lap times, so we can't use this as a 1:1. :(

Flying Laptimes:
Cold Fussion: 1:31:200
Chris311: 1:31.409
dj.TAKA: 1:31.857
ja404 1:32.013
Roundhead: 1:32.250
P5138: 1:32.377 with a DFP
Hazardous: 1:33.687
WellsieTRD: 1:34.580 Pad

SPEC 2.0 Flying Laptimes:
Cold Fussion: 1:31:028

Last edited:
Reactions: Loz
Something i forgot to mention about the stopping before the line. The timer actually stars before the checkered line on the floor, about where the yellow middle line stops. And unfortunatly, Photomode doesn't show laptimes.

Something i've noticed is that the game invalidates the lap if you take the celebs line like over the painted hatching ect.

yes, need to explain tht it MUST be from a standing start, so, if you whiz over the line and record lap 2 then it wont count. i would say do lap 1 then come around on lap 2 and stop at the line for another try. i would even go so far to say that maybe you should get 5 practice and one hot lap

Edit: hey, how do you guys feel about having a new car each week on here? maybe the fastest time from the previous week gets to choose the next car?

Last edited:
I've noticed on videos there's 4 million cones.

You can knock most cones away without penalty. If you take the hatching at Follow-through like i did, your time turns red and i only assume that means it's not a valid fast lap for online leaderboards. Are we gonna ignore it here and take the celeb lines?

And also, would any sort of prooof be needed of a fast lap time to stop people cheating? Or will it be that you would just trust people not to cheat?

You can knock most cones away without penalty. If you take the hatching at Follow-through like i did, your time turns red and i only assume that means it's not a valid fast lap for online leaderboards. Are we gonna ignore it here and take the celeb lines?

And also, would any sort of prooof be needed of a fast lap time to stop people cheating? Or will it be that you would just trust people not to cheat?

Red time is invalidated for all laptimes in GT, off and online. So i say unfortunatly GT line.
The way we did it in the PSP version was to just trust each other, no real point in cheating.

Edit: hey, how do you guys feel about having a new car each week on here? maybe the fastest time from the previous week gets to choose the next car?

A seperate thread is forthcoming... seperate from this one.

Last edited:
I see. I think my time may have to be disallowed, i just clipped the red and white at Follow-through which mad the time red.

Red time is invalidated for all laptimes in GT, off and online. So i say unfortunatly GT line.
The way we did it in the PSP version was to just trust each other, no real point in cheating.

agree, i think cheating would kill this thing, i hope we can be honest on here for this

I see. I think my time may have to be disallowed, i just clipped the red and white at Follow-through which mad the time red.

Yeah, i've removed your time. :(

agree, i think cheating would kill this thing, i hope we can be honest on here for this

There were rumours of Youtube uploaded replays, nothing yet though. :(

Just set a new valid time of 1:39.577.

Now here is something to do, take a photo of your hariest moment while on a lap and stick it in the photothread to liven it up abit.

I forgot that GT5P had the Swift, great little car.
Around Suzuka I hit the brakes twice, it's constantly flat-out. :cool:

Just set a new valid time of 1:39.577.

You went faster without cutting. :lol:

Last edited:
Figured out a non-cheating way.

Save the replay to your PS3 and upload. Obviously not everytime, but if someone has an amazing lap, either super fast or just a fun lap it's an easy way of doing it.

It saves into your 'Saved Data Utility PS3' and it's a tiny filesize 200KB.
Could be fun for ghosts too?

Last edited:
its such a shame that none of the real reasonably priced cars are in.

Im guessing all aids off means even the 1 default click of ABS?

with all aids off (including ABS, and brake bias set to F5 R5 as default) using a wheel i got 1:38.747

http://img338.imageshack.**/img338/1917/photokh0.th.jpg

Uploaded with imageshack.**

Last edited:
with all aids off (including ABS, and brake bias set to F5 R5 as default) using a wheel i got 1:38.747

Great time.

Does all assists off mean no ABS? And if does, can we modify the brake balance?

I'd say everything off, including ABS. Brake balance should be as standard.

The rules are strict, but it's for TG supremacy.

Last edited: