A Forum Star In A Reasonably Priced Car [Suzuki Swift, flying start]

just wondering if maybe we need 2 wheel categories one for wheel using paddles/sequential box, and another for using clutch pedal and h-pattern shift. for people with G25/7

i set my time using the paddles on my G25, but noticed with using the h-pattern shifter that its possible to fluff a gear change.

thought might be good to do with some wheels only having paddles and a sequential box.

wow, screwed up on the last two practice laps (i did 5) but i still managed to turn in a 1:38.550! the key is the first turn and the followthrough. my last lap was very nice, ill try to upload a video.

Controller: Pad

Picture (cant figure out how to get the replay uploaded):
photo-2.png

Last edited:
I'm not gonna post my practice times. :(
I found another way to find the timer start, go to the bumper cam and stop the car when the yellow line is at the bottom of the MPH numbers.

I'm not gonna post my practice times. :(
I found another way to find the timer start, go to the bumper cam and stop the car when the yellow line is at the bottom of the MPH numbers.

do you need to borrow my 458? lol, ill turn the aids on for ya! lmao

thats a good question, i dont remember how i did it and a friend of mine is level 14 and its still not unlocked. im thinking you need gold in something. i remember it being very early in the game

as far as the FSIARPC, i really just think it would be way more fun if we only did 5 practice laps and 1 hot lap. thats hat i did and im in the lead at the moment. i think anyone who has raced with me online can attest that i could be much faster if i had everyday to try and improve but thats just not in the spirit of TG. just sayin...

Last edited:
It's one of the tests you have to pass, you have to play the track with an old 300CL and then the new SLS and once you get even bronze in both it's free for use.

I haven't tried it with the Suzuki yet but I will soon enough, I played it on my friend's build (similar to chilicoke's but not as impressive) and I used an Evo 10 and managed a 1:25.8 pretty quickly. I think the brakes are much better than they are in real life tho I've never actually driven an Evo... It's a lot of fun that's for sure.

Arcade mode is acceptable, right? I've had my practice so I'll attack this tonight. I just don't feel like dropping cash on the car right now :p

DFGT, paddle shifters. Have replay if anyone needs me to YT it.

Photo0115.jpg

Not sure if Arcade mode is the same. Isn't the physics different?

Last edited:
DFGT, paddle shifters. Have replay if anyone needs me to YT it.
Not sure if Arcade mode is the same. Isn't the physics different?

I don't think arcade means arcade, it just means free play if i'm not mistaken?

new car for the week?

Make a separate thread for that please. This is the FinalGear Lap Time board thread IMO. We should use the same car as the show. :)

Also: this thread is awesome and I'm front paging it.

EDIT: Oh, right, this is the old car. Does GT5 feature the Kia Cee'd or maybe the Chevrolet Lacetti ?

Last edited:
Make a separate thread for that please. This is the FinalGear Lap Time board thread IMO. We should use the same car as the show. :)

Also: this thread is awesome and I'm front paging it.

EDIT: Oh, right, this is the old car. Does GT5 feature the Kia Cee'd or maybe the Chevrolet Lacetti ?
Neither of the newer cars are available, and the Swift is not the old car either :p It is probably the closest thing to them though.

Have not really played much of TG track and GT overall, but here's my 2 cents for this, basically got 1:38:808 on the second try, do feel that I can go a second or even 1.5 seconds faster, though just dont really have time right now. But doubt that any one will break 1:35 or even 1:36.

No assists as usual, last option about grip = real. G25 with paddles.
eac032.jpg

Last edited: