A Forum Star In A Reasonably Priced Car [Suzuki Swift, flying start]

This is really annoying since I cant get Gold in the Event to unlock the track. And that is basically because the AI rams me which results in a loss of speed. It is only a few kph but taken into account that the car would barely hit 100 it is a considerable amount of time that I lose. And that is what's missing in the end, I always finish in 2nd place about 1.x seconds behind 1st.

Make a separate thread for that please. This is the FinalGear Lap Time board thread IMO. We should use the same car as the show. :)

Also: this thread is awesome and I'm front paging it.

EDIT: Oh, right, this is the old car. Does GT5 feature the Kia Cee'd or maybe the Chevrolet Lacetti ?

the thing we started here was to make a new car each week decided by the fastest person of the last week. its a way to keep it fresh. are we changing this now?

Make a separate thread for that please. This is the FinalGear Lap Time board thread IMO. We should use the same car as the show. :)

Also: this thread is awesome and I'm front paging it.

EDIT: Oh, right, this is the old car. Does GT5 feature the Kia Cee'd or maybe the Chevrolet Lacetti ?

Thanks.
This is not the old car Viper, but was decided to be the most Top Geary of the premium cars.

This is really annoying since I cant get Gold in the Event to unlock the track. And that is basically because the AI rams me which results in a loss of speed. It is only a few kph but taken into account that the car would barely hit 100 it is a considerable amount of time that I lose. And that is what's missing in the end, I always finish in 2nd place about 1.x seconds behind 1st.

Get the van along side you and use them to help you get around corners... don't ram them though.

the thing we started here was to make a new car each week decided by the fastest person of the last week. its a way to keep it fresh. are we changing this now?

Theres 3 lap times threads. (Like the 911 range, similar, but different.)

A Forum Star In A Reasonably Priced Car: Top Gear Track and Suzuki Swift always. (Unless we get the real cars)
Top Gear Lap Times Weekly Challenge: Top Gear Track and Different Car every week.
Gran Turismo 5 Lap Times: Different Track and Different Car every week.

Ok, here we go: After many invalid laps I managed to lay down a valid 1:38.134 using the pad.

Is anyone doing oil changes? As we pile up the miles on the car, it's going to lose power so I don't know how we should deal with this. Maybe do it in Arcade mode only?

I'd say oil changes are fine.
They don't take the car beyond a stock bhp.

Last edited:
Yes, changing the oil is fine since it doesn't give more power, it just brings back the horses you might have lost!
Don't forget to put my time on the board please :)

Right, but I think the initial oil change bumps the hp from what it was new. So if i'm in Arcade (which i've been doing), I might be at a disadvantage. Anyway, my time for now is: 1'38:153. DFGT, paddle shifters.

No no that's fine, I just wanted to have a thread where we could have a GT5 vs. real leaderboard, but I guess none of the real cars are in the game. This will be close enough though.

Feel free to continue what you guys had been planning, just leave this thread here as the overall one.

Dang yous guys are good. I tried 2 laps with controller just to see where I was and both were around 1.44.3. Think I'm gonna practice a little and mebbe hook up the G25 after I make some way to mount it.

Logitech DFGT using the sequential shifter

Does anyone know how to save the replays to a thumb drive? Prologue would let you save it to a thumb drive to copy to a computer, but they are not showing up under the Saved Data Utility for GT5.

I messed up big time at Chicago, I took the corner way to fast and ended up going very wide almost hitting the cones and driving on the edge of the track almost on the grass. The only other mistake was at Wilson Bend, my right side tires got into the grass. I admit it, I have been using the driving line mainly to level faster. For the majority of A-Spec I was rewatching all episodes of the original Battlestar Galactica while racing so I was using the driving line so that I wouldn't have to pay attention as much.

I'll get a screenshot soon, my phone's camera is broken so I have to grab one of my security cameras to take a picture.

LivingRoomSecCam20101205-100045.jpg

Last edited: