A Forum Star In A Reasonably Priced Car [Suzuki Swift, flying start]

On my 5th lap got a 1:39.334. G25 gate-shift with clutch.

Not exactly quick but for me it's certainly not bad.

EDIT: Dropped 4 tenths using the paddles, got a 1:38.925.

Last edited:
1:35.537, I've not been able to come close since. One freakishly perfect lap. Using Controller.http://img815.imageshack.**/img815/7727/20101208004345.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a lot faster than anyone else here. Any chance of a replay?

Yeah sorry just 1:35 seems a little too fast, anything under 1:37 must have a replay.
I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but we need proof.

Last edited:
http://img28.imageshack.**/img28/4139/img1887e.jpg

I found those few tenths. I hit every corner pretty much exactly where I wanted to, so I'm not sure I can do much faster than this. I would turn on the racing line on to make sure I'm not missing something, but hours of showering could not scrub away the dirtiness I would feel :).

I might have a few drinks later and give it another burl, but unless I pull something out of my arse, chris311 and dj taka, congrats, you blokes are quicker than me, and I feel honoured to be in the 1:37s with you.

Hey Aston, my best time was actually the top one - 1:37.471. The highlighted one was the just last lap I did before I quit that session. I should have stated the time in the post - sorry for the confusion.

Yeah sorry just 1:35 seems a little too fast, anything under 1:37 must have a replay.
I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but we need proof.

I agree. I was scratching my head for hours wondering how dj taka found a two tenths over my time, this guy found almost 2 seconds?

I did about 20 white knuckle laps back to back to try and come within even a tenth of a second of DJ Taka, so I find a 1:35 hard to believe, unless they are using GT Planet's rules.

Hey Aston, my best time was actually the top one - 1:37.471. The highlighted one was the just last lap I did before I quit that session. I should have stated the time in the post - sorry for the confusion.

No need to try anymore, 137.471 is fast enough. Please don't improve it :p

EDIT: Here is the screengrab I promised the other day, I forgot to post it. This is for my current time of 137.465 and it is the 7th time listed on the list.

LivingRoomSecCam20101208-092551.jpg

Also, Jay Lenos tank car was not made to go around a track. However, I am surprised at how well the Dodge RAM did. I didn't think it would be faster than the swift but it is a lot faster in a straight line and Top Gear's track seems to favor power. :D

Last edited:
^
I tried the Tank car around there too... it's soo big, obviously, but it's an awful car. :lol:

Jay Leno wasn't kidding when he said that the Tank Car is only good at doing burn outs. :lol:

No need to try anymore, 137.471 is fast enough. Please don't improve it :p

I don't think I can! I followed around the ghost car from that .471 lap (I don't know how to/if it's possible to run or save a replay in arcade mode) and it looked almost perfect. You guys have found a faster line than me or are just flat out quicker.

The ONLY thing I can think of is to go into hammerhead way too hot and just throw it in and hope. But that would require me to nail every other corner perfectly, AND get lucky enough to hold onto it through hammerhead. That'd be a long and frustrating day :).

I might come back to it later if my time drops down the list, but for now I'm happy with 3rd - especially given how much quicker we are than the GT Planet guys. They must have a huge forum user base.

This is exactly what i though about doing when i heard the TG Test track is going to be featured in GT5. I've driven the track with a pad and gotten 1.38,8. I'm going to receive my G27 wheel (hopefully) before christmas. I'm interested to see how much i can improve. The main thing about using a pad is that it is nearly impossible to control the throttle and brake usage like you would with pedals. Same goes with steering. It's pretty much understeer or no steer..

Anyway, awesome laptimes guys! Let's keep updating our progress.

Don't assume that you are necessarily faster using a wheel instead of a pad! I had a G25 about two years ago and spend nearly two weeks trying to beat my times using the keyboard (!) and I didn't manage to do so. It may very well be that I am completely useless with a wheel (not in real life though :D) but unless you are pretty talented there is no need to think that a wheel would decrease your laptimes in general.
I will put some effort into it and try again in the following days, maybe I can get the times of our fastest guys here using the pad. I think there is not necessarily a difference between pedals and the analog sticks of the pad regarding the control of throttle and brake or steering. And I will try to bring you the proof :)

Don't assume that you are necessarily faster using a wheel instead of a pad! I had a G25 about two years ago and spend nearly two weeks trying to beat my times using the keyboard (!) and I didn't manage to do so. It may very well be that I am completely useless with a wheel (not in real life though :D) but unless you are pretty talented there is no need to think that a wheel would decrease your laptimes in general.
I will put some effort into it and try again in the following days, maybe I can get the times of our fastest guys here using the pad. I think there is not necessarily a difference between pedals and the analog sticks of the pad regarding the control of throttle and brake or steering. And I will try to bring you the proof :)

I find that I am better with a wheel in most cases, though not drastically. I could still pull a good flying lap with a pad, I'm just less consistent.

I cannot seem to find Top Gear track in both arcade mode and in the Practice track list. How do i unlock it?

I cannot seem to find Top Gear track in both arcade mode and in the Practice track list. How do i unlock it?

You gotta get gold on the first Top Gear Challenge (irc). The one with the kombo buses.

Am I still the fastest after all that?

I just did a 137.268 but I had all 4 wheels go off the track at the second to last turn, but I did not hit the barrier so the time was valid according to the game. However, I will leave it up to Aston Martin to say yay or nay. I will post a screenshot and a video of the replay if its a 'yay'.

Up until the second to last corner, I was .4xx seconds ahead of my ghost replay of my current fastest time of 137.465. If I would have nailed that second to last corner I was have been able to do a 137.0xx.

I just did a 137.291 without going off the track, it actually seems that going off onto the grass on the second to last corner may help a bit as by the time you come off of the grass you have more of a straight shot to the finish line.

As for posting the replay, I was going to try and use one of my security cameras and film my TV with the replay running. I don't own a video camera as I have been using my phone, but since my phone's camera broke I have been tight on money get a new phone. Plus I am waiting for the HTC Knight/Speedy to be released by Sprint in January.

Let me know which replay you want, the .268 or .291 or both. Who knows, they may be helpful for other people to improve their times.

Last edited: