A good friend of mine just passed away

MadCow809

Forum Addict
Just got a phone call from my mate in Durban. A good friend of mine died in a car accident last night. A BMW jumped the red robot and T-boned his car from the passenger's side, crushing the tiny little citi golf and killed my friend and his girlfriend. The GF's sister was at the back when the accident happened, now she is at ICU and the Doctors dont think she will make it.

I was told about this 40min ago and I'm still lost for words. I see threads like this being posted all the time, but now I really know how it feels to lose someone important in your life :cry:

R.I.P my friend, you will be missed.

That's terrible. About two years ago my friend (who I knew since elementary school) died in a car accident when his brother fell asleep at the wheel. He was the only one who was killed. I wish you comfort at this tragic time.

RIP

reckless driving kills, but it hurts much more when it's someone you Know :(

I relay my condolences...

My thoughts and condolences on your loss - terrible news, it's especially sad when someone young is taken (I'm presuming they were close to your age), particularly in such tragic, wasteful circumstances. Take care, don't be afraid to hurt.

MadCow809 -> :hug: <-- me

That's terrible. About two years ago my friend (who I knew since elementary school) died in a car accident when his brother fell asleep at the wheel. He was the only one who was killed. I wish you comfort at this tragic time.
Oof, that's gotta be the worst -- causing an accident and surviving, but a loved one getting killed.

Very sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and their families.

Very sorry to hear this. May your friends be in God's care, as they are in my prayers.

Thank you guys.

My thoughts and condolences on your loss - terrible news, it's especially sad when someone young is taken (I'm presuming they were close to your age), particularly in such tragic, wasteful circumstances. Take care, don't be afraid to hurt.

I know, just 22 years of age. I still can't believe how it happened, we even planned a road trip for this July holiday when I go back for holiday, now I have to go back, knowing I will never get to see him again : (

So far in my life:

1) Friend passes away due to Leukemia
2) Friend passes away due to drugs
3) Friend passes away due to depression, and kills himself by running in front of a train.

...And My partner and I almost joined the list of deaths. Things like this happen out of nowhere, and it is quiet difficult dealing with them at first. Time tends to be the best cure, as are good friends.

I hope you get lots of rest, and try not to think too much about it at this stage. Be happy with the knowledge that He was a good friend of yours, and that you guys had some very happy moments together.

P.S. Their accident is remarkably similar to mine...

The
edit.gif
button is your friend. ;)

My condolences. My friend passed away when we were both 9 years old.
:hug:

:hug::hug::hug: A death or a serious injury in your family of circle of friends is really really sad... For all of my childhood, my grandfather was one of my best "buddies", if one can say such a thing. Took me for walks through the city, to see people, see places... and when I was in 6th grade, he was hit by a car on a pedestrian crossing. For weeks after the accident, he had no memory of anything in his life before it. Thankfully, due to the neurosurgeons, his memory is back, but it's heartbreaking to see him struggle every day to walk around with a medical frame, because his right leg was broken and it hasn't healed since, due to his old age (he's 71 now). I really thought we were going to lose him after that accident.

Just goes to show how precious and how fragile the human life is.

My condoleances for your friend. R.I.P.

Rest in Peace, my deepest condolences to you and everyone connected. I've been there, I've lost more friends to car accidents than I can count on one hand, but thats for some other time.

I hope you get through this well.

-
Alok

Same age as me. Every time I see that, it is never easy to understand.

There is nothing I can say to express my condolences. I remember seeing a "de-motivational poster" and I wish I saved it, cause it said something like "Compassion: I might not know the pain you feel now, but I can try to help".

My deepest and most sincere condolences. Losing a friend or relative is never easy, and we are all affected by death in a different, yet similarly devastating way. My thoughts are with you and the families of the victims.

As it's always said, try to think of the good times you've had, and try to remember your friends in the best light possible.

I hope you'll have the strength to get through it all..

A.

Shit mate, really sorry to hear that. Its never easy to take in such news and I wish you and the families affected my condolences.