A little question about chicken

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DÖNER
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
I was thinking about it today: is eating chicken heart something bizarre or unusual to you? Where I live (down south) it is pretty standard. In the hotter, northern states, it?s a huge taboo. How is it where you live?

Chicken hearts and chicken gizzards = YUM! I like them cut in half and stir fried with some green chili peppers, soy, ginger and garlic.

Ugh...I hate organ meat.

But they taste so gooooood!!

The best is cow's tongue and ox heart. Sliced real thin for Korean bbq. DELISH

I don't see anything massively odd about it, only that chicken hearts will only make a light snack.

Over here in Blighty during WWII, the traditional Sunday roast was supplanted by stuffed hearts - probably pigs' or lamb's hearts - due to meat rationing. At least if you believe what Giles and Sue said. Then again, I've never had stuffed hearts before, and it's something I should have a go at.

How hard can it be?

I don't really like organs, but I don't see anything bizarre about it. My grandparents ate those things all the time when they were kids, as meat was bit of a luxury.

Tongues are quite good, though.

We usually eat chicken heart roasted. Once I had pig heart stuffed with bacon. That was epic.

Chicken heart is so good.

I love chicken hearts and chicken livers too. When I was a kid and my mum cooked a chicken for Sunday dinner I always managed to have those bits away before anyone else fed them to the cat.

Ironlord mentioned stuffed hearts... mmm... love 'em. People never seem to do them any more. When I'm over this swine flu, I think I might have to go to the butcher and get some lambs' hearts. And no, I'm not old enough to remember rationing - my grandfather had butchers shops and we used to eat pretty much everything!

I've never eaten the heart or liver of a chicken - I do use all those bits for stock though.

I've never eaten the heart or liver of a chicken - I do use all those bits for stock though.

you don't know what you're missing, prepare them Koenig-style and prepare for some good eatin

Chicken hearts are tasty, but I'm not a big fan of liver on any animal.

Chicken hearts are tasty, but I'm not a big fan of liver on any animal.

See I'm the complete opposite, I like liver. I actually had a funny convo with a friend over it: (TV show on that mentions liver and onions) he said "Liver and onions just seems disgusting" then I said "Yeah onions are pretty gross" then he just stared at me...:lol: