A Miata joins my G35 Coupe

Shentar

Car(s)
06 Porsche Cayman S, 90 Miata
I bought this 1990 Miata as a 2nd car for autocross and for my g/f to drive around. I will get some pics with proof later tonight. Here are some pics off my iphone in the meantime:
IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

I'll post some higher res pics later with the top up. It is in fantastic shape. Great interior, great paint and exterior, top is new with a glass rear window. The engine is in good shape and still pulls strong (for a miata).

Last edited:
In before LS1 swap that thing.
I love NA Miatas, if I can pick one up for cheap around here I probably would in a heartbeat.
White looks great on them, congratulations and have fun with it! Keep us updated on the autocross :D

Thanks Jen! I will keep ya updated on autocross. I've been driving the G35 for 3 years now. I won the region F-Stock champ in 2008, and I'll win it this year. I ran in Stock Street Tire last year and got 2nd overall. I'm not sure if this will start as E-Stock or STS.. but it will be fun. I'll drive it in the mini-season later this year :) I'll post vids as I record my all of my runs. :)

And some better shots. And a horrible proof shot :)
I drove it to work this morning, and wow, its a blast in traffic. I don't think I've smiled on the way to work before.
So its mostly for my g/f. She drove it yesterday to her classes (culinary school), and everyone though it was a new car. It is in that good of shape. They also said she must do "something" right for me to have bought her a car. :D
I plan on getting an intake, to let it breathe better; a cat-back exhaust, just to enhance the noise; a roll bar; and some of those intake turn signal lenses. All in due time.

IMG_2005copy.jpg

IMG_2001copy.jpg

IMG_2003copy.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_2003copy.jpg

Last edited:
proof shot missing :p
looks really clean, congrats on the purchase! might I suggest you tell your gf to go get her own car so you can have the miata? :D

No its not. Its the one with my hand in the picture. I just wrote small without thinking it would show up crappy. You can sorta make out Shentar :p

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

More than most people will say I should pay. $2500. For any other 1990 I wouldn't have paid that much, but this one was in such good shape, that I thought it was worth it.

More than most people will say I should pay. $2500. For any other 1990 I wouldn't have paid that much, but this one was in such good shape, that I thought it was worth it.

Goddamn. Seeing deals like this make me want to save up some money and buy a car.

wow. How many miles on it? You'd be lucky to get a running Miata for $3k up here; a clean one will cost you $5k easily.

wow. How many miles on it? You'd be lucky to get a running Miata for $3k up here; a clean one will cost you $5k easily.

178k. Just had a timing belt change about 8k ago. Runs very strong. I mean, the 1991 model I drove was stronger, but it had a cat-back and an k&n intake. I'll eventually do an intake for sure. Exhaust maybe. I just have to have something CARB legal (ugh).

The ONLY negative about it was the short-nose crank, but I'm not too worried about it.

Last edited:
178k. Just had a timing belt change about 8k ago. Runs very strong. I mean, the 1991 model I drove was stronger, but it had a cat-back and an k&n intake. I'll eventually do an intake for sure. Exhaust maybe. I just have to have something CARB legal (ugh).

The ONLY negative about it was the short-nose crank, but I'm not too worried about it.

Hot shit, that's 286grand kilometers. And the car is still in such shape after such mileage? I'm impressed. Very nice buy. I'm going Miata shopping in the winter, when convertible prices are lower, hopefully I can find something good.

When shopping for miatas i drove a white 1992 with no power steering :( Im so close to ditching a car and getting a second miata (Since the new posh power everything versions is really more my g/fs car than mine)

FUUUUCK i want an NA but cant afford it, stop teasing me internet!!