A Motorhead's Dream Garage

bartboy9891 said:
No Boss said:
Byte said:
I think that could be the garage of Jay Leno...

Leno's garage would wipe it's shoes on this one.... this is Leno's garage:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61807&highlight=jay+leno

shitty pics....but who cares.
who needs 2 muiras?!
and those pix look like the guy just kinda snuck in when no one was looking

Yeah he definitly did, cause the lights aren't on. Well at least not the main ones.

http://img281.imageshack.**/img281/1889/dsc000840fx.th.jpg

Leno has got a Triumph tr3 He know what's good . 8)

No Boss said:
bartboy9891 said:
No Boss said:
Byte said:

who needs 2 muiras?!
and those pix look like the guy just kinda snuck in when no one was looking

Yeah he definitly did, cause the lights aren't on. Well at least not the main ones.

http://img281.imageshack.**/img281/1889/dsc000840fx.th.jpg
hmmm, what is that red car next to the F1, and the two next to the SLR?

when i get a house of my own, im gonna get those huge posters as wallpaper :thumbsup:

I hate that. One man having so many exotic cars is a bad thing. They should be driven, not only stand around. It's just a waste imho, like these sheikhs in Dubai. You can't really appreciate a supercar if you have got so many of them.

Un-Dee said:
I hate that. One man having so many exotic cars is a bad thing. They should be driven, not only stand around. It's just a waste imho, like these sheikhs in Dubai. You can't really appreciate a supercar if you have got so many of them.

Well I know Leno drives all of his cars, and if he can't, he has people he pays to drive them and maintain them.

When you have that many cars in your garage youre not a car enthusiast, youre just a sad person. I dont know what kind of void in his life he is trying to fill but with that many cars you cant even learn a certain car properly, care for it and enjoy it. You just start gathering things, cars etc... I understand rich people with three totally different cars which they change for other cars regularly, go to track days, race them, mod them but this is just sad....

Sony said:
When you have that many cars in your garage youre not a car enthusiast, youre just a sad person. I dont know what kind of void in his life he is trying to fill but with that many cars you cant even learn a certain car properly, care for it and enjoy it. You just start gathering things, cars etc... I understand rich people with three totally different cars which they change for other cars regularly, go to track days, race them, mod them but this is just sad....
that IS true for most rich people, but Leno is one of the biggest car enthusiasts. as No Boss said, Leno drives all of his cars. Ralph Lauren, who also has a giant classic car collection that includes one or two Bugatti T57's, keeps alot of cars as pristine show pieces. and i dont think there is any wrong with either of those situations.
what i have a problem with is people that just blindly buy cars because they are expensive and then just keep em in their garage to show off to people.

yea i guess Leno does drive them, I remember a video ( I think i saw it on Discovery) where the shooting took place over a certain period of time in front of the nbc studios and he went home in a different car everyday hehe.
But then again he has a lot of old cars which he restores and cars he just makes up. This guy on the other hand has mostly new cars, even few same cars or very similar, theres is no logic in his collecting, no pattern... besides just having a lot of them.

Byte said:
Well unless Leno lives up here in Oregon where that garage is, I doubt it. ;)

As BigJ and I said on the 2nd page of that thread, that garage is here in Oregon, probably south of Portland. Those pictures are also a bit old as the Enzo now have " Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo" (the name of the local Tonkin dealership where all these cars were bought from) on it's windshield, as does the Lambo, etc. etc.

(I've seen those F40, F50, Enzo, 288 GTO, Diablo, some other of the Ferraris, etc. in real life)

bartboy9891 said:
No Boss said:
Byte said:

who needs 2 muiras?!

Who *needs* 2 Miuras?? You mean you have to *need* them??? Wanting them is enough for me

As for the other collection and those not agreeing with it - hey if the guy's a car enthusiast and is passionate about the cars, and can fund such a collection, what's wrong with it? Provided he's not just buying them as investments and storing them away it's all good. And if they get a run every now and again then all the better.

Personally if in the unlikely event I ever find myself in that situation, I'd make the collection open to the public to share the passion.

Viper007Bond said:
(I've seen those F40, F50, Enzo, 288 GTO, Diablo, some other of the Ferraris, etc. in real life)

Grrr, if you weren't the boss I'd think of something snappy and jealous to say :p

^ well having one muira is one thing, having two is just keeping someone else from buying one

Yeah, I knew that looked familar. Well mainly the 7 Elises: 1 Elise for each day of the week.
I believe that's the garage of Ron Tonkin. We tried to get sponsership from him for our Oregon State formula team. Don't think he ever returned our calls, but no reason to if you own that many awesame cars!

i was thinking that it might of been the owner personish of Tonkin, i googled it came up as a huge chain of dealerships.

Who would keep sumone elses company stickerd across the car? unless it was your own. so my guess is its Ron Tonkin or something If not id really like to know who it is, just for the sake of knowing.

I would like to have a garage like that but i wouldnt have so many of the same car. Maybe just for mates to race around in and have the same car to make it fair but doenst matter that much aslong as they are getting looked after :)

that is certainly not Lenos garage, his is in Burbank CA where theres nothing green (aside from the stuff in bags comming from across the border). the big silver thing with the tank V12 is sooo big and loud that i didnt know what to think when he passed me on the street here (when he bought that car..thing)

i think a collection that big should be a bit more public than some exclusive secret tour like that, but its always up to the owner. life isnt fair, and we dont each get an exotic car, luxury 4 door, and cargo hauler in a garage, so someone was bound to end up with this kind of stuff.

at least on the upside the cars wont get wrecked and will be well maintained. if the guy has 30 cars to choose from, thats only 1 being driven and the rest stay safe for another generation. i wouldnt care if i didnt know how many classics get crashed, at least 3 250GTOs were totaled this year.

God, Leno's got not only 2 Miuras but a 25th Anniversario Countach and an Espada. I think I'm going to go have his babies now.

Jay Leno said:
People ask why I don't have any German cars. The McLaren is sort of a German car, with its BMW V12 engine. But you know, every car I like, the Germans dropped a bomb on. My Lagonda V12: "Sorry sir, during the blitz, they blew up the two remaining works cars." And there was young Adrian Squire, who built that wonderful Anzani-engined supercharged Squire sports car "until a bomb came through his home and killed him."
:lol:

47 said:
Damn, what do those people do for a living!!

I don't know if you are being rhetorical, but just in case...

I'm gonna guess you're not from the US, asking somthing like that. Leno's host of the Tonight Show which was handed down from the late, great, Johnny Carson.

Cha-Ching.

No Boss said:
47 said:
Damn, what do those people do for a living!!

I don't know if you are being rhetorical, but just in case...

I'm gonna guess you're not from the US, asking somthing like that. Leno's host of the Tonight Show which was handed down from the late, great, Johnny Carson.

Cha-Ching.

Weird thing is that, from the documentary with Jerry Seinfield where he goes and does stand up comedy after his tv show has ended, he meets up with Jay for a little chat.
And there Jay says he hasn't even touched the money he's made from the Tonight show. Saying something along the lines that he wants to keep that money safe if anything ever happens to him.

So, all those cars (and everything else) he's bought from his earnings as a stand-up comedian and other snabbles besides the Tonight Show. Which is even more amazing.