A new F1 team...

mmap

Honda has bought BAR and will be copmeting as its own team next year. Interesting but not the news of the day. Since at the same time Honda announced that it is negotiating to be the motor supplier of a new F1 team...

Rumours say that Coca-Cola will enter a team to comepte in the series thanks to Red Bull having a team?!?!

Coca-Cola - Motor racing? well they're synonymous aren't they?

^ Never mind, the story has turned up here

That's very interesting, and very secretive... just what are they up to...

(btw - I didn't mean to imply I doubted you when I asked for a link, apologies if you thought that. I was interested to read the full story)

:) No worries, I like to see the full story on posts like this as well.

I just knew that the link would do you no good as you could not understand it and as far as I know no translation engine translates from finnish (babelfish etc.)

Coca Cola was a huge sponsor with Justin Wilson's car\team back when he won the f3000 championship.

Re: A new F1 team...

mmap said:
Coca-Cola - Motor racing? well they're synonymous aren't they?

I was gonna ask if they tested the drivers for caffiene, but that wouldn't make that much sense considering Red Bull is already there ;)

I guess this is the next tier of sponsors now that all the cig makers are out...

After Lotus releases their new generation of road cars in the coming years, I certainly hope they return to racing. They should still know enough to be very competitive in the sport.

Nick Fry said:
"I think there is a 65 percent chance of it happening," he said at Suzuka. "If it wasn't that likely, we would not be saying anything (about it). But it is a tall order to put this type of thing together in six months."

Link

65% chance eh? I reckon that's means it 99% but they don't want to announce it formally yet.

Hopefullly this'll bring some...er, die hard Coke fans away from NASCAR and into F1. Then maybe i can buy an F1 game here in the states :x