• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

a new keyboard

The ABkey is a globally patented revolutionary keyboard that offers you a choice ?"the long-awaited freedom from Qwerty - after 126 years, the Revolution is finally here!"

The Qwerty keyboard, named after the first six keys on its top row, was designed for the mechanical typewriter.
ABkey, is designed for you, the PC user.
It?s alphabetical, with all the common keys in and near the homerow, and an ergonomic flexible V-shape.

Now touch-typing can be as easy as ABkey!
You can learn it in One Hour and remember it for a lifetime! No more weeks and months of tedious classes.

ABkey lets you type
? Up to twice as fast.
? more accurately and
? lots more comfortably!

i don't think qwerty will ever die.... =\

i'm using azerty :p

and I agree with the fact that querty won't disappear. Just look at how many people are using the dvorak lay-out (this is said to be more effici?nt and comfortable, it was invented in 1936)

i dont know if i'd do it. Looks a little different. I'm perfectly happy with my eluminx keyboard. Its small like a laptop keyboard so i can still keep up to around 140 wpm

No! Never.. I couldnt learn to type on a thing like that in a million years. Looks a lot like a gimmick product to me to tell the truth.

Pff.. Nothing like this could ever be an industrial standart. And I don't see the point of using it otherwise. There's only 1 manufacturer which holds the patent? Good luck with that :thumbsdown:
qwerty is here to stay for a while, because it's used so widely used, it's almost impossible to force everyone relearn to use something else. It must be supported by most major makers for a start, it has to be properly promoted, not in this TVSHOP style (Ms Singapore Universe uses it, and so should you? - lame). I've seen a dozen of similar "revolutions", where are they now? I'm very very sceptical about such things as you can see.

i think that its logic to set up a keyboard like this

outline_key1.jpg

also i don't want to change the world i just want to have something different and if it does help you type faster that will be cool too. And i heard that the people who try these keyboards are able to learn it much quicker which would be cool too

i dont think gaming on that keyboard will be a great succes.
the wasd are really useless as gaming keys so you would have to remap every button in every game you ever play ;)

I like my keyboard, we have all mastered it, I guess if you put something like that out in the market, it will either gain a small user base and gradually grow or it will fail horribly.

Why do you have such a big key for "U"?

Where do I have keys with ~ ? ? ` ? or ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ???

Same. I actually only type with 2 fingers, so that keyboard would totally throw me off.

(I used to hunt and peck, but I know where all of the keys are, so know I just peck without even looking at the keyboard. I can type pretty damn fast too. :lol: )

Viper007Bond said:
Same. I actually only type with 2 fingers, so that keyboard would totally throw me off.

(I used to hunt and peck, but I know where all of the keys are, so know I just peck without even looking at the keyboard. I can type pretty damn fast too. :lol: )
Same here, for the whole thing but especially the last part.

Only downside: I got to look at the keyboard while typing. :?