Ownership Verified: A Porsche happened to me

Shentar

Car(s)
06 Porsche Cayman S, 90 Miata
I previously had this 2006 Infiniti G35 Coup4 6MT
IMG_20140313_195637946.jpg

I love that car, but I've been jonesing for a Porsche. Its reach 103k miles. This is kind of a neat shot. G35, the Cayman behind the G35, my g/f black 2013 Focus next to it along with my lovely g/f. She was super supportive in my decision, so she is a keeper. :)

And here is what I have replaced it with:
2006 Porsche Cayman S
IMG_20140315_132923379.jpg

IMG_20140315_132848496.jpg

IMG_20140315_133037609.jpg

IMG_20140315_133007691.jpg

IMG_20140315_133052068.jpg

Initial impressions: Its fast. Its the same power as the G35 Coupe (295hp for the Cayman S and 298 for the G35), but the Cayman is just faster. I attribute that to the 700 lbs weight difference (2900 lbs vs 3600 lbs) and the flat torque curve of the Cayman. The G35's engine had descent low end power, but it really got moving after 5000 rpm. The Cayman just goes and wants to go.

Its got the Sport Chrono Package, power leather seats (not sure if they are sport or not), heated seats, CD changer, etc. I lost nav, bluetooth, and mp3 playback by going to the Cayman S, but I plan on installing a bluetooth phone receiver that will let me stream music via bluetooth from my phone. Soon. Nav I won't miss that much.

its fun :)

And the proof shot:
IMG_20140315_133424221.jpg

IMG_20140315_180359112.jpg

And my last shot with my, much missed, G35 Coupe:
IMG_20140314_164830071_HDR.jpg

While my 94 Nissan Hardbody 4x2 was my first car, the G35 is the first car I purchased myself and its also the first car I've ever let go of. My Nissan Hardbody is at my dad's in Alabama as is my 86 300ZX Turbo. My Miata is still mine as well and in CA with me. I have won two local autox championships in the G35 so its been a great friend. Hopefully the Porsche will be the same.

Edit:
Added a proper proof shot.

Last edited:
Sweet!
Nice car, the interiour though, hm... :D

Thanks! I really like the beige interior. It was one of the selling points for me. If it has had just a black interior, I probably wouldn't have gone for it as much. The g35 had a two-tone black with beige interior and I loved it.

Last edited:
Thanks! I really like the beige interior. It was one of the selling points for me. If it has had just a black interior, I probably wouldn't have gone for it as much. The g35 had a two-tone black with beige interior and I loved it.

Main thing is that you're pleased with it.
I'd probably look past the on tone beige interior if I had a Porsche, heh

Remember when Jeremy saw the M3 interior...

But, still a nice car.

Awesome choice. I love the color combo personally.

Thanks all. I'm excited about it. I just want to go for drives. I'll get a picture of it and the Miata together soon. :)

:thumbsup:

Don't forget to post a proper proof picture before this gets locked. :lock:

... Oh, you mean with the gear shift, etc. Right.

(I thought he already did that, but you're correct. I think the gear shift pic started as a bit of a joke, didn't it?)

There is a proper proof pic, but I guess I could do an interior one as well. Will do that shortly. I also want my g/f to get in the frunk, so I'll wait till she gets home. :)

Edit: done. Proof shot up on the gear shift.

Last edited:
One of the best handling cars out there. You can't do much better bro! Congrats!

(I thought he already did that, but you're correct. I think the gear shift pic started as a bit of a joke, didn't it?)

A joke? No. It means you didn't just walk past a Porsche and slap a piece of paper on it for a photo.

Nice car though. The interior is particularly great. There are way too many black/black Porsches. Especially the interiors are almost always black and that sucks.

Nice buy. Again not sold on the interior colour but it's certainly the Porker I'd choose if I were in the market for one.

I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous at all.

Lucky git.

:p