Clarkson: A question about Clarkson

d.dutton9512

Car(s)
Mazda MX-5, Porsche 944, Porsche 924S, Fiero GT
As an American sometimes references made on Top Gear go a bit over my head. In fact I remember when I first started watching I would have to pause each episode a few times to look up whatever they were talking about (read: Hen Night).

Anyway, I've yet to figure out why exactly Clarkson seems to hate Bill Oddie so much. Did something happen like the Piers Morgan incident or is this Oddie dude just that detestable?

Thanks

Well, I think it's just random "I pick a presenter who presents wildlife programmes since it's the complete opposite of what we do and mock him".

Yes, no particular reason AFAIK.

But to be borne in mind:

1. Bill Oddie - has a funny name
2. He is from Lancashire - Clarkson is from Yorkshire, there is a bit of friendly rivalry between the two
3. Bill Oddie presents wild life progs (as you said)

Plus Bill Oddie is a comedy legend who can take a joke

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bu69cnv0iU[/YOUTUBE]

Plus - I think Jeremy has a secret admiration for Bill Oddie really - after all Jeremy is a twitcher.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAwSqFL02Pw[/YOUTUBE]

Speaking of Comedy Legends with a Top Gear connection

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsFRgIb8mAQ[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
"Jeremy is a twitcher" ???????? Are you serious? I thought the only birds he watched were the ones in low cut tops in the TG audience?

I think he rips into Bill Oddie because:
A) Bill is a bit of an ecologist.
B) And more importantly he has a beard and we all know Jezza's views on facial hair.

I'd quite like to see Bill (and one of the other Goodies if they insist on having two S'sIARPC) in the Lacetti. If He has the sense of humour he's claimed to have it would be great to see him and JC rip the piss out of each other!

C'mon Wilman, get it sorted!!!

"Jeremy is a twitcher" ???????? Are you serious? I thought the only birds he watched were the ones in low cut tops in the TG audience?

It has come up once or twice...think Jamie Oliver interview and African Special. Mind you, despite watching Top Gear, I'm a bit of a wildlife person myself.

Plus Bill Oddie is a comedy legend who can take a joke

Best Goodies Ever.

Maybe they should have the other 2 on SIARPC, they'd both be shite? Or maybe a Goodie and a Python... just watch that hidden bitterness come out.

Last edited:
Anyone being a semi-normal/normal person should appreciate nature in some way.

I agree, the natural forces can provide beauty beyond anything humans have to offer.

Back on topic, yes Bill Oddie is a comedian who was asked to present a wildlife program, at which point it has just spiralled to the point where he became more famous for his wildlife presenting than his comedy. Clarkson just uses him as a representative of eco-mentalists in general.

In other news, the UN is seeking a new target:
[YOUTUBE]FCC9pzKiJ5A[/YOUTUBE]
:lol: Bill Oddie is a threat to world society, apparently.

Good old Mitchell and Webb.

Last edited:
"Back on topic, yes Bill Oddie is a comedian who was asked to present a wildlife program, at which point it has just spiralled to the point where he became more famous for his wildlife presenting than his comedy. Clarkson just uses him as a representative of eco-mentalists in general."

Not forgetting the fact that he was immortalised in song by Madonna, "Justify My Love" I think.

The line goes something like "Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, rub your beard all over my body".

Probably.;)

Thanks, that actually clears it up.

Also, thanks for being the first forum in the history of the internet that doesn't spend the first ten post berating and ridiculing whomever started the threat.

You guys are awesome.

Reactions: MWF
Thanks, that actually clears it up.

Also, thanks for being the first forum in the history of the internet that doesn't spend the first ten post berating and ridiculing whomever started the threat.

You guys are awesome.

Well, thank you for not starting your thread with
-"Who is The Stig?"/"I know who The Stig is!"
-"I don't like Richard Hammond, can I get an amen?"
-"Blasphemy! Top Gear Series 11 was nothing like Series 4/5/6/7"
-"What's the really awesome song that plays whenever Jeremy goes "POWERRRR!"? "

So :welcome:

Not forgetting the fact that he was immortalised in song by Madonna, "Justify My Love" I think.

The line goes something like "Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, rub your beard all over my body".

Probably.;)

:lol::lol::lol:

I thought Jezza was a twitcher as well. On one of the fangirlie sites I visit, someone mentioned giving him bird seed cakes and at the time I was a bit :blink: but put two and two together :)

All three boys seem to like animals. In the immortal words of Mr Clarkson: 'sweeeeeet'!

I am a birder, also. So much so I carry this book in my car, and I can identify most bird calls.

Look at my "location", copy and paste Br?n Lwyd into Google and see what you find.

There is a difference between birders and twitchers - I have been so informed by a birder. Nice posts chaps. ... Got that Goodies episode on DVD btw - my daughter (7 years old) loves them.