A shame, really.

Jay

the fool on the hill
We have a pretty good group of people here on the forum, yet we are all separated by many miles, especially the ones in Australia! I was pondering that it would be nice to have a group meet in...I dunno, Germany. Talking on the interweb is nice and all, but it would be nice to meet some of you in person. Or maybe we are a group of introverts who would just stand around looking off into space if we somehow managed to group all of us together.

I would definately be up for that. I've always wanted to go to Germany. Some races around the 'Ring would be sweet! But I really need to spend the money on food, booze, school, flying lessons, gas, and a faster car.8)

BTW, I'm pretty sure someone in my fraternity is from Aurora.

BTW, I'm pretty sure someone in my fraternity is from Aurora.

Well, if they are from Aurora, tell them I live near Moecherville, and watch them shudder, if they know their old town well. :lol:

Time to save up.

Hmm... I'm so opinionated here, I think meeting me in person, to some, might cause quite a ruckus.

/that and I'll have tp print all my funny pics out and put them on flash cards and present them at odd times in conversation.
//... it's just what I do.

Last edited:
Let me get my Saab Turbo first. Then I'll happily come to Germany. :p

I'm thinking more like, bosnia where a ticket over is like $1200 or less

PUNCH ON!!!

lol j/k :p

I'm interested if people would actually talk the way they post. eg; "X2" :rolleyes:

I'm most worried if there are members that look like this :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Hell - that is me sans beard. Oh and I wear clothes most of the time and always when on my computer, my specs are more contemporary and although I am a tad overweight I am not morbidly obese, but other than those few details it could be me. Oh I do not have what looks like a weapon on the wall and I have a nice wife and some decent polite (well I think so) kids. But apart from that it could be me.

It would be interesting if we could meet up somehow.

Maybe we can get some super rich billionaire to join the fourms and then bond with him, and then..he can send us tickets to meet all of us! Or send his jet because hes got $$!

[removed]
Damn, it's like staring into a mirror.:rofl:
Hey, let's see how many times we can use this picture in this thread!

Though I would be interested in a Finalgear meet, I'm really far more shy and awkward in real life. Any excuse to go to Germany and drink beer, though, is fully welcome. 8)

I'm not sure...ya never know...

[bad image removed]

You may now puke.

:roflmao:

Would be expensive though, roughly AU$2,500 for return flights from Australia. Flying with the Red Kangaroo.

Damn, I was over there earlier this year too. However, since most of the family lives in Poland, I tend to travel over there regularly. I just need to scam a conference or business trip out of it.:wicked:

Edit:

You'd be surprised how different people act irl than on the intArweb. We once did such a thing with another forum I'm on and it was surprising to see how the persons with ever witty and quick remarks were dead silent, or how the rather unknown people turned out to be the fun-makers. Which is very revealing off course, but is guaranteed for quite a lot of awkward silences in the beginning.
I strongly recommend alcohol to get the conversations flowing.

Problem is that for most people travelling half a day and spending hundreds of euros just to meet a bunch of total strangers is a bridge too far :/ And for those who would have to travel intercontinental, it's just plain impossible except if they happen to be in the neighbourhood by incident.

Or maybe we are a group of introverts who would just stand around looking off into space if we somehow managed to group all of us together.

Yeah :unsure: and I would be a little scared :p