Spoilers: A Song of Ice and Fire

stiggie

pop
Car(s)
Golf GTI
I figured we need a thread for the books of A Song of Ice and Fire so that we could keep spoilers from the novels out of the Game of Thrones thread. So this can be a place for discussing anything from the books that have already been published and theories about what might happen in the volumes yet to be come. Naturally, if you haven't read all of the books or are just watching the TV series, this thread will contain spoilers.

To get the discussion started, what do you all think of these theories that some people have come up with-

1. Some people think that perhaps Jon Snow isn't really Eddard Stark's son, but his nephew. They think he is actually the child of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen. This would make Jon the third of the 'Dragons heads' alongside Daenerys and Prince Aegon.

2. It has been suggested that the prostitute in Braavos known as 'the Sailor's wife' may be Tyrion's lost love Tysha. She only sleeps with men who first marry her for the night.

I guess the books aren't read simultanously by many people, in contrast to watching TV shows "together"...

I read all the books, well, to point a finer point on it: I started reading the first then devoured the other ones.

I'm not really buying the Jon Targaryen theory, mainly because he's a warg like the other stark children, while Daenerys is not, and that idiot brother of hers sure wasn't, if she is, she would have had ample time to develop such talents with her Dragons (assuming it works with Dragons) .
There is something about Jon's origin we do not know though, I think his real mother could turn out to be a big surprise, there has been a passing explanation given about who his mother was, in fact it was so trivial I have forgotten what it was :p , but I don't believe that's the real story, he's to important a character to have such a trivial backstory.

As for 'the sailors wife' I quess it's possible, I've always assumed Tysha to be dead really, not like Tywin Lannister to leave loose ends.

Last edited:
Don't forget that if the theory is true then his mother would be Ned Stark's sister Lyanna. So he would still have lots of Stark blood in him. Also, it is often said that Jon resembles Arya and that Arya looks like Lyanna. Therefore, Jon looks like Lyanna. All the other Stark children look like Tullys.

It would be a shame if Tysha was dead, considering how obsessed Tyrion has become with finding her.

Think we'll ever find out what happened to Benjen Stark?

Fair point, I'm still not quite buying it, something just does not sit right.....it would really fuck EVERYTHING up wouldn't it? After all, it would make Jon as much a rightful air to the throne as anyone else.

Benjen Stark, I have a feeling we will see him again, we might already have : Coldhands.

My first thought about Coldhands was that he was Benjen, but then someone said he had died long ago and Benjen has only been missing for about two years.