A stroll down FinalGear.com memory lane

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
How close you came to a disastrous name. I don't think GearDownloads.com would have made the same traction as analgear.com.

Great fun to read through those 7 pages in the first link. Whatever happend to Josty, Andyhui, Renesis, Overheat, ESPNSTi anyways..

ESPNSTi is still active and Renesis still posts here occasionally.

Holy crap I can't believe I've been a member here for seven years. Wow. I still remember watching the Ford GT review that led me to finding this website (thank you whoever posted a link here on the Top Gear Wikipedia page).

Last edited:
First TG-related video I saw was a Clarkson video where he takes a ride with Valentino Balboni in a Diablo and in the beggining it had a link to Viper's site :lol:

First forum I ever joined and also the best, I have to say.

I remember that clipp too.

I loled at JCs "wet me-self"-line

I'm starting to like finalgear.com, but my only issue with it is that it kinda sounds like it's the last show or something.

Yet here we all still are. Well some of us at least.

Does this mean we can post the "Group hug" pic? :p

Viper007Bond said:
Wasn't a big fan of (The)FinalGear.xxx

and later

I don't really like FinalGear.com

TRAITOR!!!! :cry:

Last edited:
I have no clue what I was thinking. :)

Oh man, imagine if he'd picked the wrong name. We could have all ended up at JabbasPalace.com or whatever that other site that did lo-fi TG rips was called.

Oh man, imagine if he'd picked the wrong name. We could have all ended up at JabbasPalace.com or whatever that other site that did lo-fi TG rips was called.

:lol:

I was gonna post about Jabba too. Remember he put some shit about "hailing the mighty jabba" on all his videos and the resolution was awful. This place was a godsend.

Considering I only joined 2 years after this I had no idea that it went to a vote :lol: Finalgear just always seemed like a good name.

Seriously though - Top5Gears.com? What is this; 2004? Oh...

Jabbas videos were unskippable. Yet, at the time it was the only thing we had.

Jabba was the first thing I ever hated on the internets

And the little clip in the beginning....ugh