A Stupid Way To Die

GTR

Car(s)
2001 Integra GS-R
I'm sitting on a solid chair from now on.. I feel sorry for the boy, dying like that blows.. no pun intended

anal-chair-death.jpg

anal-chair-death2.jpg

Well, stories don't get much worse than this. A 14-year-old boy in China was killed when his chair exploded, sending chunks of metal into his rectum. The bleeding this caused killed him.

The alleged explosion came from the gas cylinder that was in the base of the chair, the part that allowed the user to adjust the seat up and down. The canister gets compressed when you sit on it, but can it actually create enough energy to make the seat cushion explode like that and kill a man? I doubt it, but this is what people are reporting.

In other news, I am working from a beanbag from now on. Sweet merciful crap.

SOURCE
http://i.gizmodo.com/5157354/boy-killed-anally-when-office-chair-explodes

As the author admits, must be more to this story.

/me looks skeptically at his chair...

o_O -eyes computer chair suspiciously-

...sticking to the laptop on my bed from now on.

D:
maybe I should disable the hydrolics on mine D:

I'm never going to China. They're on the opposite end of the Health and Safety craze; there's hardly any safety regulation, especially on consumer stuff.

I'm so going to hell for laughing at this, but thats a really retarded death, I feel sorry for the kid.

I'm so going to hell for laughing at this, but thats a really retarded death, I feel sorry for the kid.
Especially since it was the blood loss that killed him, not the trauma. He was alive after it happened. It's a bit hard to imagine what it's like to have a grenade blow up in your butt. I'd ask the kid, but apparently he's dead.

:shock2:

*kicks office chair to the side*

The way I'm sitting on mine now (half laying, probably incredibly bad for my posture) i'm gonna cop it into my spine.... But mine is gaslifted all the wayup- wouldn't that be better if that story is true???

*follows icedlove's advice and sits on bed anyway*

Fuck that looks scary. Happy now that I always sit on my bed with my laptop anyway.

Seriously drating hoping that's not true...:shock2:

Anyway, as has been mentioned before, probably due to crappy Chinese manufacturing safety standards than a case of 'OMFG office chairs can do this'. But...hmm I might consider digging my dad's old university days beige office chair out of the garage. It's one of those old things where you have to adjust the height by manually by turning the base around a big screw-like apparatus...just to be on the safe side.

:shock2:

I'm glad i don't have a chair like that.

RIP.

sorry for the kid :(.

Although that must have been a turbocharged chair or something, mine has barely enough gas to lift itself up..

That should tell you something about the quality that comes from China. Not everything is bad, but when low pricing is invloved, your life can be in danger when you'd never expect it.

In other news, I got myself one of these healthy blow-up balls to sit on for work. I only had crappy chairs before, and after sitting for a long time, I got backache. Since I had the ball, everything was fine ... until it blew up last week when I was sitting on it. Big bang, and down I went. Had nothing more than a sore bum though. :lol:

Nice way of fate telling me I'm too fat. <_<