A-Team

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
http://jalopnik.com/372182/new-a+team-movie-given-green-light-status-of-gmc-van-unknown

A little part of our inner child just leapt for joy as we've just found out the long rumored movie adaptation of a new A-Team movie has been given the official go ahead. The new movie will have a speculative release date sometime in summer of 2009 and the entire cast of colorful characters is completely open for casting. The only things we know for sure are that John Singleton's in the directors chair, and Michael Bandt and Derek Haas have been tasked with the writing. All portend good signs so we're fairly hopeful the result will be something good -- or at least better than the horror that was the new Knight Rider made-for-TV movie. Now, the most important question for us is obvious, what heavy hauler gets to snag the role of the raddest hot rod van ever to grace the small screen?

Will the old GMC be played by the GMC Savana or Chevy Express, the twin van titans in the General's lineup -- each coming in both a rear-wheel-drive and front-wheel-drive model? Could Ford jump into the mix with their new Transit Connect? Maybe Dodge will want a go and drop a Sprinter into the mix, Mercedes-sourced engine and all. We mean, we'd love to see a Hartmann SP5 Sprinter. Oh, the possibilities feel endless.

||Me: 2 - smib's internet filter: 0

I pity the foo who can't see this thread.

Hope this is a good one :D

hopefully it doesn't suck and keeps in tune with the theme of the show original not like some remakes that are just painful to watch

Dear Lord, please don't let them destroy my childhood. Sincerely, Sus

Whatever they used for the van, it has to be V8 powered and rear drive. I really really hope they do it properly.

The real question is, if this is going to be in movie form, will anyone die when the guns start a-spraying?

Watch the show! No one gets hit by a bullet, or if so, it's a flesh wound.

I'm wondering when someone will have the bright idea of doing a macgyver movie (asides from those crap movies they made in the later series) which would totally suck if they didn't use Richard Dean Anderson

Anyone else remember the episode of macgyver with axminister (first episode with macgyvers grandad before the old dude expires) it's fairly hilarious watching the worlds deadliest assassin (who himself is some fat guy) and his team foiled by an old man :p

From what I have heard it seems that this will be a serious movie, not a comedic spoof.

It has to be a GMC Savanna. To be honest, I'm more eager to see the van, rather than the movie itself :grin:

please jesus dont let them mess this one up.
It'll destroy my fragile little mind if they use different actors or completely off the wall stories...

From what I have heard it seems that this will be a serious movie, not a comedic spoof.

In the hands of a competent director, with a couple of good writers, I'm sure they could pull off a decent film, ?* la Miami Vice. But in the hands of the director and writers responsible for 2Fast2Furious, they'd probably be better off taking the spoof/self-parody route. McG did exactly that with Charlie's Angels and the end result was at least watchable.

Click for a supersized version:

http://img7.imageshack.**/img7/5920/ateamrev011010091346131.th.jpg

Liam Neeson looks like he is ready to kick some ass.

a part of me just dies, chances are they are going to fuck it up, bad. Look at the van in the press pic, also, it needs MOAR MR.T

The cardboard cutout of the van's on fire guys.

I love BA's "FOOL" tattoo across his knuckles.

This film had better be good. They've already done a good job of ruining everything else from my childhood. The film will obviously sport the "i ain't gettin on no plane" and so on but i really hope they get a good script together and some actors who won't just be there for their looks or to please their kids.