a top gear race question

yli

We have seen Clarkson drove expensive sports cars to win all the three races. First, a Aston Martin. Then a Ferrari and a Bugatti. I just wonder how things would have turned out had Clarkson driven a ordinary car, say a Golf. Can he still win?

I never drove any expensive car. But I subconsciously think that those expensive cars are more capable of going fast in a long time span than ordinary cars and maybe more stable, which means Clarkson might not be able to constantly travel at 100mph for six, ten hours or even more in an ordinary car to win the race ultimately. Given the fact that Hammond and May travelled at a reasonable cost level with their transportations while Clarkson drove those quite expensive cars, I cannot help thinking that what would happen if Clarkson drives a Golf or Hammond and May also spend as much as Clarkson spends on his sports cars.

Jeremy would win no matter what car he drives. He wouldnt allow public transport etc win.

In the SLR race he'd have won in any car. He said so himself. The others i think were close enough that the time made up hooning it made a difference.

I think the Bugatti race was as close as it looked. The Norway race, well if they didnt have boat drama's then do you think Jezza would have won??

I think the Bugatti race was as close as it looked. The Norway race, well if they didnt have boat drama's then do you think Jezza would have won??

I forget where they said it but in the bugatti race they were 45 minutes apparet apparently

ferrari race was obviously the closest, like 5 minutes apart.

In that race, any other car probably would have lost. In all the rest, any car would have done the job.

For example, in the Bugatti race Jeremy pulls over to lower the spoiler, only to put it back up 10 minutes alter. That wasted 15 minutes right there. Which probably negated all the time he spent over 100mph. But a mondeo can do over 100mph too, so it could have done the same thing.

Oh, sorry, I forgot the Norway race. That was a good one. A lot of dramas. And also beautiful scenes, like the Dutch bridge?

Yeah but the Bugatti race while awesome was really fake. I mean if May had an actual private plane and was able to go over the mountains and such Richard and him woulda killed Clarkson. Nonetheless, it was still great fun to watch.

Might even do better in a normal car - fewer fuel stops and less attracted attention!

make him race in something like an aygo... then he would never need to refuel. might not win though :lol:

I'd quite like to see Jezza race the Stig to some random European country in a pair of supercars.

Now *there's* a thought.

^Why not all the presenters, just to make it more interesting, with a fairly large bet at the beginning.

I don't think it would be interesting to watch if Jeremy didn't go racing across the world in a lame little car. Besides, he drives over the speed limit, if he was in some normal car it might not be able to handle unpredictable conditions