A Toyota.. worthy of a living God!

Kebab gud

Yes.. the Emperor and Empress of Japan are getting a new car..
After over 30years of driving around in an Nissan Prince Royal the emperor is now getting a new car..
and this time.. its a Toyota

first off.. some history
In 1967 Toyota came out with the Century..
here is a picture ..
2005-06-02-toyota_century_front.jpg

60sish ... right?
and it stayd that way until 1997 when it was "redesignd"
or as i call it..
put on a new chassis and given a new engine..
1997%20v12%20century.jpg

and after 10 year of beeing the only japanese car with a V12 asf..
(ohh and it was miles ahed of the roller asf when it came out!)
its getter a compleet makeover after the emperor of japan orderd one!
and here it is!
the 2007 On-off (at the moment) Toyota Century Royal!
toyotalimo.1.500.jpg

toyotalimo.2.500.jpg

it does kinda have a roller feel to it..
but still .. it has everything the century has.. and now even more
it has a reworked 5liter V12 and is made for ecohugging materials..
and has a larger rear whindo so people can see the "living gods" as they drive by..
oh and bullitproof.. and lighter then the nissan..!
i bet Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi is sad.. now that he has the OLD modell :p

Even thou the Mk2 Century is only sold in japan and some asian nations.. the car can be found at many japanses embasyes all over the world...
(not in norway :( )

omgz suicide doors, the emperor of japan is a ricer!

Seriously though, that's an ugly car. It looks 3 times too big for its wheels. They need scaled up or something.

How close does a cars design have to be to another before you can sue them? If I was Rolls Royce I would be consulting my lawyers.... :p

The Japs even make bad copies of Rollers and Maybachs. :p

Clarkson quote fits: "It's like somone described a Roller over the phone"

That is one ugly beast.

Hell, I think Bush's standard Limo (a Caddy in this case) looks better and it's as plain as can be.

The profile is not bad at all, but the grill needs work.

Interesting tidbit about the pre '97 Century's, they had HEMIsherical combustion chamber engines Like the now famous Chryslers.
All Aluminum and 2.65 upto 4.0 litres. Only weighed about 250lbs. Apparently they took the Chrysler design and improved upon it a bit (and shrunk it).

I've heard the V12 uses 2 I-6 ecu's (since thats all a V12 really is), and if one fails, or something happens with one side of the motor, the other can still function properly.

The Century is a great car... in Japan. Outside of Japan, it just doesn't work. It's that Japanese Baroque luxury style to a fault. I think they really should have stayed as close to the old design as possible, like the Range Rover has done, since it's so iconic.

What I love most about the Century? That fold down panel in the passenger seat so the rear seat passenger has a place to put his feet up. I sat in one but didn't try that feature out. =)

a Phantom rip off with a cadillac-ish grille, looks like crap

Hemi engines are 50 years old technology, its more paying for the name 'hemi' few people know what that means and the advantages they ofer but modern engines have far moved beyond that technology. Cheap way to get a little more power and torque. And since it IS basically half a sphere you can only have to, albeit large, but still only two, valves per cylinder because to have more on the half-sphere would amke for some wierd camshaft angles

thedguy said:
Interesting tidbit about the pre '97 Century's, they had HEMIsherical combustion chamber engines Like the now famous Chryslers.
Nothing special. HEMIs are from WAY back in the day. ;)

Didnt we(america) make the emporer admit to his people in 1945 that he wasn't a god?

wooflepoof said:
Hemi engines are 50 years old technology, its more paying for the name 'hemi' few people know what that means and the advantages they ofer but modern engines have far moved beyond that technology. Cheap way to get a little more power and torque. And since it IS basically half a sphere you can only have to, albeit large, but still only two, valves per cylinder because to have more on the half-sphere would amke for some wierd camshaft angles

The new hemi is nothing more than a trademark. Their combustion chambers are sorta hemi shaped but nothing like the Original ones or the Toyota ones I was refering to.

Viper007Bond said:
Nothing special. HEMIs are from WAY back in the day. ;)

I'm aware. But the Toyota one is as old as '67. Chrysler was working on theirs in the late 40's. I just thought I'd point that out, because there are a LOT of similarities, and it's a damn good looking motor. Especially for those like myself who like the look of old engines and pre-war '49 hot rods.

BTW, these motors were only good for a max of 200hp by the end of their life. But factory bottom ends will hold to 9,000rpms, and some Aussie's I've heard have done 800hp out of them without getting to expensive on the mods.

50008_93797031_Original.jpg

no no no, it's all wrong!

Even Johnny Howard's V6 Caprice is better than this, and that's saying something!!

The Japanese can't yet do proper luxury cars. Lexus is getting much better at it however. This car though is....I don't know where to start.

wooflepoof said:
Didnt we(america) make the emporer admit to his people in 1945 that he wasn't a god?
only his father :p

i think its important that we all remember this american consept car
chrysler-imperial-2big.jpg

chrysler-imperial-concept-20060207044815238.jpg

And remeber that this is a One-off bult for the emperor so that he can have it for 30 years..

I just wanted to say that it's better than the awfully ugly Imperial, but it's still a rebadged Phantom and no car maker will reach the presence of it ever.