A tribute to Final Gear on Jalopnik! (written by one of our own)

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR, #Saab #9-3
How A 'Pirate' Top Gear Fan Site Forever Changed The Way We Watched Car TV

In the United States, the explosive popularity of Top Gear started with the Internet. By now, sitting down at a computer to watch Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May feels normal. When their version of Top Gear first gained notoriety beyond the United Kingdom, it did so in clips and torrents posted online. If you wanted to track down episodes of Top Gear before they regularly started appearing on cable stateside, chances are you found your way onto its fan site FinalGear, which once linked to torrents of every episode. Similar shows, such as Top Gear?s international versionsand Fifth Gear also made it on the site.
:jeremy::james::richard:

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Yeah it's an awesome read. Props to 'Coco for such an excellent piece. :bow:

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
Great read, Coco!

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster
Great article, it was nice reading the comments from people reminiscing about old times on FG too. I'm really tempted to stay up until 1am so I can watch the whole first episode of TGT now too. :think:

ninjacoco

puffalump? inquire here!
DONOR
Car(s)
'10 Lulzcer GTS, '84 Porschelump 944, '71 VW 411
Great article, it was nice reading the comments from people reminiscing about old times on FG too. I'm really tempted to stay up until 1am so I can watch the whole first episode of TGT now too. :think:
Do eet, if you haven't yet. It's actually pretty good.