A tribute to Final Gear on Jalopnik! (written by one of our own)

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR #XJR, #Saab #9-3 #9-5 #900
How A 'Pirate' Top Gear Fan Site Forever Changed The Way We Watched Car TV

In the United States, the explosive popularity of Top Gear started with the Internet. By now, sitting down at a computer to watch Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May feels normal. When their version of Top Gear first gained notoriety beyond the United Kingdom, it did so in clips and torrents posted online. If you wanted to track down episodes of Top Gear before they regularly started appearing on cable stateside, chances are you found your way onto its fan site FinalGear, which once linked to torrents of every episode. Similar shows, such as Top Gear?s international versionsand Fifth Gear also made it on the site.

:jeremy::james::richard:

Yeah it's an awesome read. Props to 'Coco for such an excellent piece. :bow:

:thumbsup:

That's awesome!

Great article, it was nice reading the comments from people reminiscing about old times on FG too. I'm really tempted to stay up until 1am so I can watch the whole first episode of TGT now too. :think:

Great article, it was nice reading the comments from people reminiscing about old times on FG too. I'm really tempted to stay up until 1am so I can watch the whole first episode of TGT now too. :think:
Do eet, if you haven't yet. It's actually pretty good.