A1 grand prix

Can I be happy because the Brazilian team won? :mrgreen:

That was a pretty good race. Not to bad for the first and it looked like they had the crowd out too.

Can someone explain Power Boost to me?

Well, not in this context....
anyone seen a .torrent for this race already?

Watched Channel 10's showing of this. It was much better than expected, even with the huge discrepancy in times for the best driver down to the worst driver.

I'm contemplating going to Eastern Creek to see it now.

re: Power Boost.

As far as I can understand it, it is a button the driver can press a selected number of times (same for each driver for each race) that will lift the RPM redline of the engine so that they can get a kick in power. Once activated, it remains active until they lift off the accelerator, so it isn't governed by the number of seconds for each boost, but how brave the driver is in keeping his or her foot on the accelerator for a lengthy period of time on the track :D

dodgey said:
Watched Channel 10's showing of this. It was much better than expected, even with the huge discrepancy in times for the best driver down to the worst driver.

I'm contemplating going to Eastern Creek to see it now.

re: Power Boost.

As far as I can understand it, it is a button the driver can press a selected number of times (same for each driver for each race) that will lift the RPM redline of the engine so that they can get a kick in power. Once activated, it remains active until they lift off the accelerator, so it isn't governed by the number of seconds for each boost, but how brave the driver is in keeping his or her foot on the accelerator for a lengthy period of time on the track :D

I thought it was a timed amount like Indy Carts are.

ssnapier said:
Redliner said:
Well, not in this context....
anyone seen a .torrent for this race already?

In case you have not found it yet... here it is:

http://barracuda.excom.us/

hey dude this site is not opening for me, it needs a login and i cant figure out where to register so do u know any other place i can get the torrent ! Thanx

Leppy said:

That's what I thought too, but the commentators said that it was what I typed earlier. It'd be interesting to find out for sure though

:)

dodgey said:
Leppy said:

That's what I thought too, but the commentators said that it was what I typed earlier. It'd be interesting to find out for sure though

I'm confused too - it may even be a combination i.e you get x amount of power boosts, each boost last for x seconds or cuts off earlier if you lift off the throttle

Damn... another sprint race, another accident for Verstappen... Here's hoping he'll be able to repeat his success of two weeks ago during this main race. OVERTAKE! :)

Well, amazingly despite having to start from the pitlane and having a pitlane penalty for unknown reasons, he still managed to finish 7th :) go JOS!

anyone know how fast the a1 cars actually hit

so far its 160mph in the first 2 races i think?

love the racin anyways

FTA Channel 10 just showed a repeat of the Germany A1GP race here tonight.

I have to still say that the racing is really entertaining!

Bad luck to Team USA this time around.

re: Powerboost
The commentators said it again. It's on until they lift off the accellerator, nothing about it being timed.

i got home last nite from clubbing at 2am and the feature race started at 3am, i managed to see the first few laps and fell asleep! :cry:

Woohoo first win for the Netherlands.. :thumbsup:

Yes, a great victory for Jos the Boss. The bonehead apparently didn't learn anything form his shunt in the race one, but this time around it was good for him.

Very entertaining races today.