• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

A1GP, is anyone else looking forward to this stuff?

Scott

Car(s)
'13 Hyundai Sonata, '95 Audi S-6 '06 Jetta TDI
I have been reading up on this "new" racing league and I think it will be quite exciting! I am already making plans to attend the San Antonio race next February, is anyone else thinking this might be some serious fun?

Yes Yes and Yes! Ive been waiting to see how this goes ever since I saw it on fifth gear cant wait for it to start.

I hope itll be proper fun. Just skills not goddamn politics, electronics, marketing, safety measures, bla bla and other useless stuff. We need some dangerous old school fun. It looks promising. :thumbup:

When its supposed to begin? After F1 season?

September is the 1st race... the US race is in February... maybe we should organize Final Gear ticket blocks for the races that get close to some of us? I would be willing to do it for the USA race...

My thought on that would be to get committments from people and purchase the tickets as a block... sounds like fun to me!

25 September in the UK is the first race..

It comes to Germany, on 9 October. The Eurospeedway is not precisely my cup of coffee but its the closest race to me. Actually I think Ive already made my mind... :stig:

With all the crap going on in F1, I might get into this if its more competitive.

Well I'm hoping its gonna be good cause I should be going to the first race!

Any one know if any of the major networks will cover it?

Well, this is what I thought up.

They have to air it somewhere, or else there is no point of the whole thing. Like why would you create this whole thing that is supposed to be the rival of Formula1 and not give it air time. Its going to have to air on a TV sation somewhere, and the more places you show it, the most people are going to become interested in it. What I fear is that it will only show in like the UK or something, and Ren and I won't be able to watch it on the TV. :(

Hopefully it airs in more countries then 1.

if i were one of the guys at the marketing department of a1gp, i'd dump the prices at least for the begining, say the first 1-2years, so that every network can afford. otherwise it really doesnt make sense cos they wont attract anyone if they dont air it around the world. and they have to air it at least in those countries that participate.

anyway, im looking forward to it, not really impressed by the current f1 circus :thumbsdown:

+ they do have some street circuit races, which i personally find interesting :)

pdanev said:
if i were one of the guys at the marketing department of a1gp, i'd dump the prices at least for the begining, say the first 1-2years, so that every network can afford. otherwise it really doesnt make sense cos they wont attract anyone if they dont air it around the world. and they have to air it at least in those countries that participate.

wasn't it the intention to have 1 driver from every country in the world?

^ sort of, but that is a bit optimistic to have x hundred drivers on the track :)

jayjaya29 said:
Like why would you create this whole thing that is supposed to be the rival of Formula1 and not give it air time.

have you seen the fith gear episode where Jason goes to meat the creator of A1? it isnt mean to compete with formula 1