Ownership Verified: A4.3 - Codename Saudi

Summer wheels are at nicjasno's. He'll get them sandblasted and powdercoated. I've decided on a colour.

IMG_1267a.jpg

Now just to get the paintshop to actually do it.

How? Did you just throw some cash at the people in the office? Cuz these people...they take their time.

Nope. I went there an hour before closing (18h), I was the only one there, they just rolled it in, checked all the lights work (headlights needed some adjustment, but that was done in 30 seconds), wipers, horn, all fine, then moved onto the rolling road for brake test, moved onto a platform that checks front suspension by moving the front wheels back, forward, left and right and at the same time as someone was checking the arms from underneath, they also checked the underside. That was literally over in 2 minutes. Then another few minutes for fumes and that was it.

:blink:

Ah. The time of 6 minutes for the actual work. Around here it's mostly the same, maybe a few repeated "where is your first aid kit" and "i'll just adjust the headlights a bit". How bout that paperwork then? As quick?

Yeah, they're very efficient. There was no queue, as I said, and I was out 10 minutes after.

FeelGood.inc

Ok, finally, FINALLY, I managed to arrange a date with the electrics guy. He found an A4 sourced Concert II radio, I have my subwoofer and amp, the mp3 adapter is already in the car, waiting to be plugged in. The date is the 7th and if it's not hooked up by then... somebody's gonna get-a hurt REAL BAD.

Also, if a certain package arrives by tomorrow, this Saturday I'm getting Eibach Sport dampers installed, which will be good news to anyone who went on the ring with me this year. :D

Sweet! What's the plan, then? Will we have enough time to do everything?

You'll have to arrive at around 11. A bit sooner would be best, to account for delays on the roads. Your car is first on the agenda.

I'll plan to be there at 10:45. I have to leave at 9:15, then. Middle of the night, eugh.

Last time i checked 9:15 was in the morning :p

Well looky here, ain't they purdy?

Here's a sticker to send shivers down James May's spine.

Next to the original one (which is the one that came with the car. 9 years old and 230k km...)

Rear ones installed.

Clamping down the spring to remove the front shock.

Finished assembly before installation.

Boom, done.

Anything would be better than the shocks that were pulled out. I could move the rod with my bare hands and without much effort too. It feels like a brand new car now and no longer like a bouncy castle. And of course it wouldn't be a "job on the audi" if one of the bolts didn't refuse to let go and had to be coerced out with FIRE!

2013-11-30%2013.07.26.jpg

The purple springs are Vogtland 3cm lowered ones, btw. I just love the way it looks from underneath now. EVER HEARD OF COLOUR COORDINATION? :rolleyes: