Ownership Verified: A4.3 - Codename Saudi

*shrug* They said they'd have to disassemble. Moot point now anyway.

I blame my local car wash for its cleanliness.
Not sure if its just the way you take your pics but your paint looks way cleaner than mine in general. I also have some random scratches here and there, artifacts of life in Brooklyn :'(

Just got back from its first service, aaaaaaw! Changed oil, oil filter, cabin filter, and inspected all the neccessary things. Disk rotors are fine for another 15k, clutch is fine, everything green across the board.

Hmm... was suggested by a friend that with the disk rotors in this condition, I'll at least warp them on the ring.

I'll call the shop tomorrow and order a set of ATE Powerdiscs and maybe some ceramic pads too.

Last edited:
Just do yourself a favour: Don't get Powerdiscs in the rear. Totally not worth it. The Ceramic pads however seem to be brilliant, dust-wise. I was too much of a cheapskate to get them, as they have same performance as standard pads and cost ~50? more - that's a lot of carwashes ;)

Firstly, after a whole week of "getting back to me", my guy calls and says he can't get ahold of ATE locally as they're on holidays so he can't get the brakes until the 15th. Then 30 minutes later he calls he found a dealer with them in stock, provided I knew anyone who could replace them for me (or did it myself). Called them up, ?350 for all 4 (normal in the rear). "Should" have them tomorrow. Need to call again first.

Firstly, after a whole week of "getting back to me", my guy calls and says he can't get ahold of ATE locally as they're on holidays so he can't get the brakes until the 15th. Then 30 minutes later he calls he found a dealer with them in stock, provided I knew anyone who could replace them for me (or did it myself). Called them up, ?350 for all 4 (normal in the rear). "Should" have them tomorrow. Need to call again first.
Why ATE why not Yellow stuff?

zeroSignal: Normal disks with pads would cost less, but still more than what you paid. These have non-residue pads too.

prizrak:
Can't get that here. Would have to import and that would take too long. Couldn't get it sorted out before the meet.

Last edited:
Just got the new brake discs and pads installed. ATE Powerdisc 280mm with ceramic pads up front and ATE standard 238mm with standard pads at the back. I'm now in the middle of the breaking in process. Done about 35km and there's still a bit of reside on them, I may be too gentle on them. :p

Going for another drive now, the few stripes of residue left are annoying me. :D

Getting a chip tune and boot spoiler next week. Upping the power to 160 hp and torque to 380 Nm (280 lb ft) + 20 more hp from the boot lip. Aaaw yeah!

Only getting it up to 160hp? How much was it before?

How much is it going to cost?

Over here a remap for my car is around $800.

That's not bad at all.

I was thinking about possibly taking my ECU with me when I go on my winter vacation in Bulgaria and have it re-tuned there. However...S70 T5's are extremely rare and I'm afraid they are just going to half-ass the job and upload a tune that doesn't work very well.

This will be a custom remap with several dyno checks and tweaks, as it should be done. Can't wait!

This will be a custom remap with several dyno checks and tweaks, as it should be done. Can't wait!
That's pretty awesome, over here they just have tunes for specific models. (well you can pay much more for a proper dyno tune ofc)