Ownership Verified: A4.3 - Codename Saudi

Gay car, cock driver, just a matter of time until he rear-ends someone.

I think you got ripped off, those are Bilsteins.

Still, driving impressions are appreciated. I have half an eye on those. The other half is looking at the adjustables in stainless.

Still, driving impressions are appreciated. I have half an eye on those. The other half is looking at the adjustables in stainless.
For the Citroen?

I think you got ripped off, those are Bilsteins.

Well... considering they were failing so gradually, I don't even remember exactly how the old ones felt before they turned to mush, and can't even say if they weren't half-dead when I got the car, but these make it feel like a completely new car. Before going over a speed bump was like riding a rocking horse, now it just eats up the bumps and on you go. If I were to describe the new ride experience in a single word (or two words connected with a hyphen), it would be "confidence-inspiring". I don't know whether that's good or not.

Well, the original shocks, worn or not, weren't exactly in their comfortzone with the lowered springs.

I am looking for a bit more stability without the loss of any comfort.

But maybe the c3 is just too light to get any planted feel.

Well... considering they were failing so gradually, I don't even remember exactly how the old ones felt before they turned to mush, and can't even say if they weren't half-dead when I got the car, but these make it feel like a completely new car. Before going over a speed bump was like riding a rocking horse, now it just eats up the bumps and on you go. If I were to describe the new ride experience in a single word (or two words connected with a hyphen), it would be "confidence-inspiring". I don't know whether that's good or not.

I remember the ride being very firm at '11 Ringmeet. As Joker said lowering the car will kill standard shocks rather quickly, already worn or not.

Dampers meant for lowered suspension? They would bottom out easier on the top end, thus limiting wheel articulation. At least logic would dictate that, I don't have any first- or even secondhand experience on that. I did destroy the dampers on my first car by shortening standard springs, so I know how fast that does damage, ;)

edit: ix is currently running with Bilsteins meant for stock height, and while a tad on the hard side, that's a good combination.

Last edited:
Next to the original one.....

Please god don't tell me you bought the normal shock height B6 version instead of the 10? per piece more,shortened,rebound B8 ones for lowered springs !

startrektriplefacepalm.jpeg

Correction: They are B6, however, they're fine as the car is only lowered by 30mm. Anything more and I would need to go with the B8.

I don't know how it was for your car, but I had the option of B6 sport as well as B6 sprint, latter one being designed for lowered cars..

Radio update! 90% complete. Amp installed, subwoofer installed, everything tuned for epic sound. The radio now wakes up and goes to sleep via the canbus and tells information to the centre console (radio station, frequency or song title when on mp3), howeeeeveeeer...

There's still a slight issue which we weren't able to figure out (and that I've emailed the local supplier of the mp3 adapter about), which is that after you leave the car to sleep (1 minute after the key is out and doors closed), the damn radio won't wake up anymore via canbus, until you plug the cable out of the mp3 adapter and then back in... I suspect a software issue. I'm also downloading a firmware update.

There's also the fact that the rear shelf rattles now, due to the bass. Need to reinforce it somehow. :D

Did some troubleshooting on the adapter. It's so weird... There is a single sequence of events that will ensure the radio will turn back on with the ignition via canbus after the car goes to sleep and that is if nothing is plugged into the USB during its operation. It's like it shuts down differently and prevents the radio from turning on... I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON!

I've been in contact with the supplier and they suggested to install new firmware on it, but it refused to do that also. I've also told them what we had to do to the wiring to get it to this point. Hopefully they'll be able to shed some light on the situation.

So close... >_<

So, the painter said that the hyper black finish on the rims would be either very expensive or turn out shit (or both) and he suggested we rather do something from the standard RAL catalogue. nicjasno and I've been doing some Photoshoppin' and here are a few of the shades we've come up with:

Starting with the original:

Cobalt blue:

Copper:

Gold (I don't like it that much, nicjasno's idea):

Dark red:

Dark grey:

Any thoughts?

My shity opinions:
Blue is interesting. Discrete.
Copper looks nice and seems like a good combo with the understated looks of the car. Probably my favorite.
Gold is a "no". Just no.
Dark red looks a bit ricey, but perhaps on the real color it might look interesting.
Dark grey looks good but it done to death and beyond on black cars.