Abortion (enter at your own risk)

Abortion (enter at your own risk)

• Anti-Abortion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Who the hell are we to judge if each individual wants to take an abortion or not anyway?
We're not all the messiah or something. Those who perform an abortion has a really
good reason to do so, as it is a quite heavy psychological process for them. And if
they want to do it they shouldn't be restricted by strict religious views in politics
(religion should be banned from politics in my opinion) because come on people, no
matter how you put it this isn't murder. If you think that it is I'll refer to Daniels point
on jacking off on the floor as being murder to...

Take this for an example:

Jane is 12 years old and raped by a total stranger, she is unlucky and lives in a
state in the US run after religious views and can not by law get rid of this baby
in any other way than to put it up for adoption. She is haunted by this incident for
life, and bringing the baby and herself through a birth at such a low age could also
be dangerous and seriously traumatic.

How the hell can one be against abortion in such a case? If you are I somewhat
hope you'll have your daughter raped and impregnated just so you'll see that I'm
right :x (sure, sadistic but I don't really care)

Great read Josty :). Good work on digging up that info.

Mischief007, thanks:)

Jane is 12 years old and raped by a total stranger, she is unlucky and lives in a
state in the US run after religious views and can not by law get rid of this baby
in any other way than to put it up for adoption. She is haunted by this incident for
life, and bringing the baby and herself through a birth at such a low age could also
be dangerous and seriously traumatic.

I brought up such an example too, earlier in the thread, but when I did some research I found out that:

1% of abortions occur because of rape or incest.
6% of abortions occur because of health reasons for mother or child.
93% of abortions occur because of social reasons (i.e. the child is unwanted or inconveniant)

52% of abortions occur before 9th week of pregnancy.
25% happen between the 9th and 10th week.
12% happen between the 11th and 12th week.
6% happen between 13th and 15th week.
4% happen between 16th and 20th week.
1% happen after the 20th week. This 1 percent still is 16,450 abortions/year.

Josty, it makes me feel good that there are people who really put a lot of thought into consideration. :thumbsup:

hanasand said:
Who the hell are we to judge if each individual wants to take an abortion or not anyway?
Who are we to judge if murder is wrong, if rape is wrong, if stealing is wrong?

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
By committing murder, you are denying someone their right to life.
By committing rape, you are denying someone their right to liberty.
By committing theft, you are denying someone their right to property.

Dr. Woo said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
By committing murder, you are denying someone their right to life.
By committing rape, you are denying someone their right to liberty.
By committing theft, you are denying someone their right to property.

By committing abortion, you are denying someone their right to life :p

Well Ultra_Kool_Dude, thats one way of looking at it. Do you know that for something to be "alive" it has to be able to live independently. Thats why a Virus is not qualified, it has to live inside someone else. A featus at 2months of age is not alive. Not at all. Not anymore alive than your seamen or a ladys egg.

Josty; very good info. It was a book, but at least a good one. Its very nice of you to do so much research so thanks. Hope that beer tasted good.

And Mpower; the fact that you look at abortion as an economic thing makes me sick! The fact is, ok, abortion is an 8 billion dollar industry. Im not sure if I believe it is so but anyhow, have you thought that the people who has an abortion and pays to have one, maybe would have spent that money elsewhere? People dont have an infinate ammount of money. Think about that.

I still am pro-abortion, but have to admit that mPower's post about how they do it made me feel ill.

Daniel: MPower was just showing the OTHER side to abortion. I, for one, never knew that it was such a huge industry.

I don't agree with abortion but I don't agree with denying a woman to have that path to take if she wants to (therefore I'm prochoice). It would be even better if the rapists had their penis' cut off so that they could never rape again :).

And Mpower; the fact that you look at abortion as an economic thing makes me sick! The fact is, ok, abortion is an 8 billion dollar industry. Im not sure if I believe it is so but anyhow, have you thought that the people who has an abortion and pays to have one, maybe would have spent that money elsewhere? People dont have an infinate ammount of money. Think about that.

I still am pro-abortion, but have to admit that mPower's post about how they do it made me feel ill.
What make me sick is the fact that no one on your side of ball has taken any consideration to anything I said expect that. Im also sick that anyone could be so ignorant to their beliefs that they would think that they can just shut down an industry. Why do you think the drug wars in Colombia are such a tough issue? Its because the government doesnt want the drug lords to go away, they just want peace. And why does the government want the drug lords? Because without them, they have NO economy. Another perfect example. In Lithuana, their government has been battle criminals for 100s of years. But, Lithuana has one of the highest rates of money laundering in the world. Lithuana has tried what they can, but they cant close the business involved in money laundering because that is their economy. Did you know that money laundering is currently the 3rd largest business in the world? You dont just go around shutting such a business down because of the moral implications. Its the same situation here. And again, I am not condemning abortion nor supporting it. I am thinking practically, and no one, regardless if they are pro choice or pro life, is going to truthfully admit that they can ban a practice that has brought the country eight billion dollars of revenue.

I hope any of you read my other posts, because you will then realize that I have more points than just the economy.

Ok, Im glad you wrote that. If you were agains abortion, but supported it only because of the money, that would piss me off. I know what you're saying, but what differs abortion money from drug money is that abortion money is more like a "fine". You dont have to pay it, but you're in big trouble if you dont. So that money often comes from peoples savings, and people save money to buy stuff, so money spent on abortions can easily be spent on other stuff like say cars. In that way, banning abortion wouldnt have a to great effect on a country's economy.

I do like your point though MPower, I just thoughtit sounded a bit cynical. :)

Edible thongs are probably an 8 billion dollar industry in the US; it is such a tiny fraction that it wouldn't be noticed if it was erased. A more valid economic point would be that mothers wouldn't be forced to quit their jobs to have a child they don't want. This figure would rate in the hundreds of billions+.

hanasand said:
How the hell can one be against abortion in such a case? If you are I somewhat
hope you'll have your daughter raped and impregnated just so you'll see that I'm
right :x (sure, sadistic but I don't really care)

If I was to use your logic, I would say: "I hope someone aborts your daughter, and see how you feel".

Or I could say: "I wish someone aborted you", but then I couldn't ask how you feel because you wouldn't exist.

This is how I see the rape scenario:
If someone broke into my house and brutally beat me, and left a child that I was forced to care for, I wouldn't kill the child even if I couldn't provide for it. I would give it to someone who desperately wants a child.

Another argument was that the embryo is not a living thing, because it can't support itself, but I ask you: Can a newborn baby support itself? The answer of course, is no, the baby is still completely dependent on the mother for life.

And about the sperm being murder. Sperm is still just an extension of the man until it fertilizes the egg.

hanasand said:
93% of abortions occur because of social reasons (i.e. the child is unwanted or inconveniant)

But having a kid at the age of twelve could easily slip under the category of: unwated or inconveniant so...

Do you really think that? I think there is a difference between not wanting a kid before it's born, and not wanting your kid anymore after it's born.
Before it's born the mother has a certain connection with it, but the connection is not as strong as when she would have a 12 year old kid, which she raised for 12 years. I bet that if every girl who did abortion, had to keep the kid, she would love him or her, not matter what, and she would protect it just like a everybody else. The fact is, that it is far easier to remove the embryo then to remove your 12 year old kid.
Don't get me wrong, we're on the same side.

Mpower said:
What make me sick is the fact that no one on your side of ball has taken any consideration to anything I said expect that. Im also sick that anyone could be so ignorant to their beliefs that they would think that they can just shut down an industry. Why do you think the drug wars in Colombia are such a tough issue? Its because the government doesnt want the drug lords to go away, they just want peace. And why does the government want the drug lords? Because without them, they have NO economy. Another perfect example. In Lithuana, their government has been battle criminals for 100s of years. But, Lithuana has one of the highest rates of money laundering in the world. Lithuana has tried what they can, but they cant close the business involved in money laundering because that is their economy. Did you know that money laundering is currently the 3rd largest business in the world? You dont just go around shutting such a business down because of the moral implications. Its the same situation here. And again, I am not condemning abortion nor supporting it. I am thinking practically, and no one, regardless if they are pro choice or pro life, is going to truthfully admit that they can ban a practice that has brought the country eight billion dollars of revenue.

I hope any of you read my other posts, because you will then realize that I have more points than just the economy.

I agree with you that it IS a billion dollar business. You can't deny it, and I'm sure (I know) there are a lot of people living on other peoples abortions, they make money from it.
I quote an earlier post of yours.

Of course, however, there are many practical reasons why it should not be banned. The biggest of which is the amount of business is brings. Abortion is currently an 8 billion dollar business. Banning such a business is debriving our already fragile economy of a healthy source of income.

The word "practical" disturbs me, this post is saying "It should not be banned because of the money it makes". You probably didn't mean it like that, but that would be the same as, killing drugaddicts.
That will cause: more money for gunshops/ammoshops, more work/money for cemetarians (sp)...so is that a good thing too? Some things that aren't right, make money.
And, when reading this post again (mine) it seems I'm supporting banning of abortion but I'm not, was just a little confused by your post.

And Hanasand: I posted those numbers to show you that there is only 1% of women having an abortion who are raped. I was kindof shocked by this, I would've expected it to be alot more! So after that I kindof changed my mind a little. Now I know that there are so many women who just remove the baby because it doens't suit them at the time, they should've been more careful. I think, looking at those numbers, the rules should be even stricter. I can't imagine someone being pregnant, and there is nothing wrong with the mother or baby (healthproblems), and she removes the baby just because it is a little inconveniant.
Than you are pretending you have more right to live than another human being, and I would concider that more "murder-like" than when it's strictly necessary (Another question..).

Bitko said:
Ultra Kool Dude what if a father raped his daughter who is a minor? :bangin:
I was thinking the same thing (I was happy no one posed the question).

I think it would be right to send the child for adoption somewhere far away, and never inform them how they were conceived. It still wasn't the child's fault, and abortion wouldn't erase the shame that would be felt by the mother.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
By committing abortion, you are denying someone their right to life :p
How so? There is no scientifically accurate statement on when life actually begins.