Abortion

GRtak

Forum Addict
"'States rights!' Oh...but if we win...'no rights for anyone!'"

"'States rights!' Oh...but if we win...'no rights for anyone!'"

SCOTUS used a Mobius strip to apply the same logic for and against States rights where it suited them. Where else did you think this was going?

I've seen someone reference a previous Supreme Court decision where they said it was OK to protest outside of employees of Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers. Did they make that up, or is that a real thing? I can only find info on a 2014 ruling that took away "buffer zones" around clinic, basically claiming the public sidewalks in front of the facility for Planned Parenthood, which isn't the same ruling from what I can tell.

Meanwhile, over here:
Just as a little counterpoint to the current us direction…

This deserves it's own thread at this point.

And so stage two begins. Threats of criminal prosecution and loss of livelihood. Will this extend to major corporations that have pledged such support?
In a sane world, I'd be like, okay—yes, please poke the large law firm that could probably defend this in a way that would overturn the garbage vigilante mechanism behind SB8. I want to see your little merry band of retrograde trolls bankrupted in the most amusing way possible.

But with this supreme court? They have no respect for reason or precedent. We're screwed.

Fix this garbage or get me out of here.

Authoritarians are trying to take over, we must stop them.
The case that the supreme court has indicated that it may take up in it's next session basically allows state legislature to control election rules and outcomes.

I understand that the way states handle certain parts of their federal elections has protections by the constitution, but holy shit..there's some scary shit in there to be hijacked by "the silent majority" should the ruling be made in that direction.

The case that the supreme court has indicated that it may take up in it's next session basically allows state legislature to control election rules and outcomes.

I understand that the way states handle certain parts of their federal elections has protections by the constitution, but holy shit..there's some scary shit in there to be hijacked by "the silent majority" should the ruling be made in that direction.

Absolutely! It can't be ignored, but how can we stop SCOTUS?

Get your papers ready Republicans planning on gestapo borders between free and slave states.

Republicans block taking up Senate bill to guarantee freedom to travel across states for abortions

Old, religious and mainly white men trying to tell women what to do with their bodies.

Gotta love the irony of them calling themselves the "Freedom Caucus" as they're the group that seeks to micromanage every single doctor-patient interaction that makes them uncomfortable. Absolute cretins, the lot of them.

Glad to see my city is standing firm against this BS. Now if we could only just secede from the rest of the state...