• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

About patch L for S2 Demo!

fblacka

What do u guys think about the new patch ... advantages, disadvantages!The GTI now has 120hp but the rubbers consume like hell even if u race without any sliding ... maximum 2 laps and tires are worn! And this 30 degree lock is something that i dont understand ... :?

You need to adjust your camber angles, the tyres still wear the same, but camber lean effect (or something) has been fixed. Should make 20-25 laps on one set of tyres if set up for endurance. Probably only 2 or 3 if you've a qualifying/hotlap setup.

lol... I thought the new hp advantages would help the GTI, but alot of people complained about the tire wear... are you getting quicker laptimes with the new GTI fblacka?

I actually think its a good thing... Yesterday it was hella new and hard to cope with...

But now I got the hang of it and did a new pb @ 1:36:91... So, I like it! haven't done a 36 since S2 came out...

Buba

andyhui01 said:
lol... I thought the new hp advantages would help the GTI, but alot of people complained about the tire wear... are you getting quicker laptimes with the new GTI fblacka?

Its easier to go fast laps ... i made about 8 hotlaps with the patch and i easily got 1:38/1:37s w mistakes, but the tire wear and heating is so unreal ... i mean if i didnt slide an inch even then my tires heats up and are worn very quickly ... after about 3 laps no matter how gingerly u drive your tires are worn and hellhot! ... 3rd lap its almost impossible to do in racing tempo! I dont understand ... maybe its just a mistake what they will correct soon ... i hope! They always do sth to that the GTI cant beat the GT ... Now i was happy that the GTI has 120hp and in disadvantage came the tires ... cant believe! :x :(

I still can't live with new clutch-pack LSD. It seems to lock REAR wheels when heavy braking, so revs naturally drop. When I release brake then, rear end starts sliding. Maybe I need some practice, but with viscous LSD at maximum lock it works very nice for me. Haven't noticed much else to be honest :) But as developers said, they intentionally didn't change much, to see what affect would new diff make, as it alone makes quite a difference.

Buba
Excellent! Great to see we're all improving :)

thats what healtoing is for :)

i havent tried too much gripping with the clutch-pack LSD, but i am deffinatly slower drifting with it.

If anyone has a good race or drift set i can look at as an example it would be helpfull.

^Well, no :) Game is heal&toe:ing automaticly if you choose a "throttle blip on downshift" in options - help. My problem is that rear wheels lock up while braking. It's usual that front wheels might lockup a little bit, but when rear wheels do so, and I'm in gear, that's not good.

i have all assists off and clutch pedal so it helps me a bit.

it is much easier to lock tires though. In a race today I locked tires twice on my PB lap accidentaly.. and still beat my PB :bangin:

Bob Smith said:
You need to adjust your camber angles, the tyres still wear the same, but camber lean effect (or something) has been fixed. Should make 20-25 laps on one set of tyres if set up for endurance. Probably only 2 or 3 if you've a qualifying/hotlap setup.

Hello Bob. What brings you from RSC?

They havent banned you aswell, have they? ROFL. :) :mrgreen:

New patch...Well, its alright i guess - Would be better if we had the content we paid for though (ie - New cars + tracks). :roll:

Having just completed a 50 lap race in the GTi, I can assure you the tyres last more than 3 laps. I pitted on lap 25 and still had plenty of life left in the tyres. You could probably get 35-40 laps out of them (curiously enough, thats about the same distance a full tank of fuel will do). Managed to drive a 1:35.78 too, so it's not like I wasn't pushing.

Sigh-N: Banned you say? Wouldn't be L(oO)ney would you? I came here because one of the mods liked my setup guide. I'm registered at every (English) LFS related forum I can find. Like to keep up on the news and convince everyone I'm godly. :p

Bob Smith said:
...Sigh-N: Banned you say? Wouldn't be L(oO)ney would you? I came here because one of the mods liked my setup guide. I'm registered at every (English) LFS related forum I can find. Like to keep up on the news and convince everyone I'm godly. :p

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Nice. Every newbie that shows up proves that they can go faster than me. I keep sitting at the end of every lap...:lol:

Bob Smith said:
Sigh-N: Wouldn't be L(oO)ney would you?

Got it in one.

Bob Smith said:
I came here because one of the mods liked my setup guide. I'm registered at every (English) LFS related forum I can find.
Like to keep up on the news and convince everyone I'm godly. :p

I know what you mean, have quite a few bookmarked here myself. Oh yeah, who are the other three guys with you in those photos on your webspace? HEHE.

And you're not godly! :p :mrgreen:

Mischief007 said:
Nice. Every newbie that shows up proves that they can go faster than me. I keep sitting at the end of every lap...:lol:
Only when I'm not racing. :p

Bob Smith said:
Having just completed a 50 lap race in the GTi, I can assure you the tyres last more than 3 laps. I pitted on lap 25 and still had plenty of life left in the tyres. You could probably get 35-40 laps out of them (curiously enough, thats about the same distance a full tank of fuel will do). Managed to drive a 1:35.78 too, so it's not like I wasn't pushing.

Sigh-N: Banned you say? Wouldn't be L(oO)ney would you? I came here because one of the mods liked my setup guide. I'm registered at every (English) LFS related forum I can find. Like to keep up on the news and convince everyone I'm godly. :p

Then maybe just the old setup doesnt work with this new patch ... can u give me a setup for this L patched LFS? :roll:

I know. :(

I can't attach setups here yet, perhaps I don't have a high enough post count. But you're more than welcome when I can.

Sigh-N said:
Got it in one.
See that's my Godly powers of intuitition. 8)
Anyway, hi. :)

Sigh-N said:
Oh yeah, who are the other three guys with you in those photos on your webspace? HEHE.
Those pictures were from my 20th birthday (just over a week ago now), they're my housemates, I have the pleasure of living with them 24/7. On the plus side, I've converted one of them to the ways of LFS (though only part time - amateurs). So at least I get the odd LAN race.