About that "Manual Transmissions Are A Security Feature" concept...

Back when animals used to talk I spent a few weeks at an automotive plant driving new cars onto trains, now these cars left the assembly line with just a drop of fuel in their tanks, and sometimes they would get moved around to much on the parking lot before the day came for them to be put on the actual train so they would run out....guess what unofficial standard procedure was for getting them on....

Can confirm, have loaded cars onto trains using the starter motor. Given the gradient you need to climb up the ramp to the train, was surprised it worked at first.

Cowboy what was your speed record through the train cars?

Last edited:
Since you all moved the cars partially with the starter motor, which is electric... does that make them all hybrids?

Yes I'm kidding...

:rofl:

Might be a US thing, all US spec autos I ever driven do not start w/o the brake being depressed.

None of my cars have required that... Not US specs or Euro versions of US cars.:|

Might be a US thing, all US spec autos I ever driven do not start w/o the brake being depressed.

Most cars I've driven can be started without the brake pedal.

Since you all moved the cars partially with the starter motor, which is electric... does that make them all hybrids?

Sounds like you're starting to talk about ISG like systems.

Can confirm, have loaded cars onto trains using the starter motor. Given the gradient you need to climb up the ramp to the train, was surprised it worked at first.

Cowboy what was your speed record through the train cars?

You know what I can't remember ever looking at the speedo, guess we never really played that game, I only got to do it for a few weeks sadly.

And if you have time to look at the gauge, you're not going fast enough. ;)