776.jpg

778.jpg

780.jpg

AC Schnitzer unveils S3 Touring
Published: November 22nd, 2005
Discuss this
Send to friend
Print
The BMW 3 series Touring is here, and already AC Schnitzer offers a sports range for the new estate model E91. The product range includes aerodynamic components in elegant sports design, performance upgrades and rear silencers, alloy wheels in various styles and sizes, specially set up suspension solutions and countless interesting accessories for the interior.

As for all current BMW models with 2.0d engine (M47 D20 TU) AC Schnitzer also offers diesel performance upgrade for the 3-series Touring. An extra control module provides a total of 147 kW / 200 HP and 400 Nm maximum torque (standard figures are 120 kW / 163 HP and 340 Nm) and at the same time the top speed climbs from 218 km/h to 228 km/h, and the sprint from 0 - 100 km/h takes just 8.4 seconds instead of 8.8.

Despite the perceptible power increase, naturally the excellent driving culture, moderate fuel consumption and superb stability are retained. Even without engine tuning, it is worth fitting the AC Schnitzer sports rear silencer made of special steel and available for all engine variants. A chromed racing tailpipe trim fitted to the standard silencer is also part of the extensive range.

AC Schnitzer bodystyling components are outstanding not merely because of the sporting design : Made of high quality PU-Rim , the aerodynamic components ensure excellent fit and problem-free painting . For the new 3-series touring with M-Technik there is a front spoiler and for cars with M-Technik there are front spoiler elements available. Both not only stand out due to their classic elegant designs, but they also improve downforce on the front axle , improving driving stability and straight-ahead behaviour. The aerodynamic finishing touch for the rear will be provided by the rear roof spoiler currently in development.

The Touring will also be fitted with aerodynamic sports mirrors which, in conjunction with the side skirts (only for cars without M Technik), which give the side lines a more striking and elongated look. Optionally the side skirts can be accentuated with a Chromeline Set .

To complete the sporting appearance, the AC Schnitzer designers have developed a customized rear skirt for cars without M-Technik as well as a rear apron insert for cars with M-Technik , which both have a corresponding cut-out for the sports rear silencer or tailpipe trim.

The wheelarches of the 3-series Touring have space for the AC Schnitzer Type II, Type III and Type IV alloys and racing rims from 17 to 20" diameter.

As the maximum wheel size, the Touring can be fitted with the AC Schnitzer racing rims Type IV in 9.0J x 20" offset 35 and offset 22 on the rear with tyres 245/30 R 20 all round . For tyres, we recommend high performance tyres from Continental and Michelin.

Specially set up suspension spring sets and sports suspensions are of course included in the performance tuning range. Depending on personal preference, the owner of a 3-series Touring model E91 can choose between pure lowering and complete, sports-comfortable suspension which lowers the BMW by around 25 millimetres.

The suspension concepts set up tested extensive tests on the North Loop of the N?rburgring also include the AC Schnitzer sports antiroll bar for the rear axle and a new aluminium strut brace for the front.

For the interior of the 3-series Touring a comprehensive range of high quality accessories is available. For example, the cockpit can be enhanced with an ergonomically designed 3-spoke sports airbag steering wheel, for vehicles with or without multifunction . A carbon steering wheel spoke trim is also available in silver Exclusive .

Footrests and pedals of aluminium also contribute to the exclusive ambience in the cockpit, together with the AC Schnitzer carbon interior trim in silver Exclusive . Gear knob, handbrake handle and cover for the BMW "i-Drive System" are available in silver or black anodized aluminium . Velours foot mats complete the range.

Looks kinda weird, but I like it. :thumbsup:

Me likes those rims and the AC Schnitzer logos on side and boot lid :D
But it has carbon interior trim according to text :eek: :(

barf ... look at that front lower bumper, looks like it will stick a hole in the air ..

haz

that whole rear looks disgusting, and the front looks too pointy. AND its slow as hell. A whopping 200hp!!!!

^ It's a 2l diesel for christ's sake, wtf were you expecting? :?
That said, 200hp and 400(!)NM of torque is not that bad now, is it?

i know its a diesel, thats why i am making fun of it. why is AC Schnitzer making a "high" performance diesel 3-series?

AC Schnitzer is making the ugliest body kits in town... :thumbsdown:

jensked said:
I'm just saying it's not a big difference. Why pay for an upgrade that makes your car 0.4 quicker...ok for the looks maybe.
The difference is not only in the sprint from 0 to 100.

Since this is a wagon, customer will probably use it to go on long distance trips say to the alps for a ski trip. Fully loaded wagon with skis, boots, snowboards etc is quite heavy. And when you want the car to pull a bit better in 3rd/4th when you overtake, those extra 60NM will come in quite handy.

bartboy9891 said:
i know its a diesel, thats why i am making fun of it. why is AC Schnitzer making a "high" performance diesel 3-series?

What's wrong with diesel?

Take the example I said above. You don't want to stop every 5minutes on a petrol station, wait in line to fill up, wait in line to pay the bill etc.

Mind you, 2 guys did the gumball for 2nd time in a row now in a diesel bimmer, and they could easily keep up with Porsches and Ferraris. + They were actually faster than supercar guys, because they didn't have to stop every 50kms and waste time on petrol stations.

Is it just me that gets a craving for Schnitzel every time he hears "AC Schnitzer"? :p

What's wrong with diesel?

Take the example I said above. You don't want to stop every 5minutes on a petrol station, wait in line to fill up, wait in line to pay the bill etc.

Mind you, 2 guys did the gumball for 2nd time in a row now in a diesel bimmer, and they could easily keep up with Porsches and Ferraris. + They were actually faster than supercar guys, because they didn't have to stop every 50kms and waste time on petrol stations.
nothing is wrong with diesel. What i am saying is that are you willing to pay A LOT more for the AC Schnitzer version of this car which is only .4 seconds quicker to 60? and it is still very slow with that gain. Why did they work off of the diesel version, they could've made a much better car with the normal version.

^ Did you read what I said and did you also understand it? :blink:

A car's acceleration from 0 to 60mph is not everything!!!

And they do make several conversion for the 3 series, be it petrol or diesel. This particular conversion is for the ones who bought a diesel.

Btw, have you ever been driven in something that has 400NM? I really doubt it, otherwise you wouldn't make stupid arguments that this car is VERY SLOW.

pdanev said:
^ Did you read what I said and did you also understand it? :blink:

A car's acceleration from 0 to 60mph is not everything!!!

And they do make several conversion for the 3 series, be it petrol or diesel. This particular conversion is for the ones who bought a diesel.

Btw, have you ever been driven in something that has 400NM? I really doubt it, otherwise you wouldn't make stupid arguments that this car is VERY SLOW.
i understood. i also understand that torque is very important and you can really appreciate it in higher gears. the only thing that i am saying is that i wouldn't pay that much more for a performance diesel 3-series. I myself would just opt for the petrol version, which is bound to be quicker, sound nicer etc. This isnt a "Diesel vs Petrol" argument, a diesel is a sensible option for some. However i refuse to pay more to make my economical diesel 3-series more powerful. Doesnt this power increase hurt economy?

fugly, tires too hard, still an ugly wagon

Audi is the way to go for a wagon!

fbc said:
Damn that front spoiler is just plain nasty :yucky:

Mate, the whole car is plain nasty! Those wheels are terrible :thumbsdown: