Acabion GTBO - a veyron destroyer?

osabros

acabion said:
Source - Acabion
Can someone imagine a vehicle that at 110 mph is twice as efficient as a high-tech diesel compact car? Or another that achieves 280 mph with just 50% throttle? What if one could have both with the same vehicle? Well, it is possible. With the Acabion!

Horse-drawn carriages could be named 'the first generation of individual vehicles' and cars as 'the second generation'. According to this context the Acabion paves the way for a third generation of individual human mobility.

A new way of thinking is expressed by the Acabion. It combines the best of different traditional approaches. Additionally it integrates certain sophisticated aeronautic and bionic concepts. This way it excels in both at the same time. The Acabion achieves more than the efficiency of a high-tech diesel compact car and the dynamics of even the most power?*ful super?*cars.

With the Acabion, automotive values are newly defined. The new standard means slim instead of wide. It means light instead of heavy. It means truly bionic and streamlined instead of bulky. Most of all it means to be fundamentally innovative throughout the entire concept, instead of following isolated trends just in isolated aspects.

So how does the Acabion solve traditional contradictions? It is light AND secure. It is slim AND comfortable. It is useful AND beautiful. It is tremendously effective AND extremely fast. A total weight of 359 kg combined with an engine power of 360 hp enables the Acabion to exceed 1000 hp per ton of vehicle-weight. It achieves an electronically limited 280 mph with just 50% of its engine power, accelerating from 180 mph to 280 mph in approximately 10 seconds, which is impossible even for Formula 1 cars. Even with such a performance it consumes 5 to 10 times less fuel than a state of the art two-seater supercar. More than this, cruising at a constant speed, e.g. 120 mph, it is so efficient that it even consumes half the amount of fuel than a 2006 high-tech diesel compact-car. Tailor-made versions of the Acabion can be provided anything up to 700 hp, and a range of internal fittings. All those types are even more dynamic but not less efficient.

The Acabion is a vehicle with a passenger-compartment for two adults. Its security is based on the concept of Formula 1 race-cars. On top of that the passengers are additionally protected with inno?*vative passenger-shells.

Each Acabion is a masterpiece of German car design and manufacturing competence, based on most reliable Japanese as well as US-American components, combined with Swiss quality and precision. All Acabions will be equiped with an additional electric drive for zero-emission operation on short distances like on private terrain, in car park areas or central urban regions. A computer network is on board for the passengers, providing a high-tech modular structure and storage capacity in a multi-terrabyte region. All Acabions are conceptually prepared, even for a future, fully-automated, individual traffic-guidance-system.

The Acabion is the mobile trendsetter of the 21st century. This trend means: the environment and the global natural resources are much better protected for our children and for their children, too. Plus, for all generations to come, everyone can be mobile in an almost unlimited way. The Acabion com?*bines this environment-protecting, comfortable and extended mobility with a never known sensation of both dynamics and efficiency.

Further Details

We will start production in April 2006. And we will deliver to the USA too. No better country for cruising around in an Acabion. This is not depending on speed.

Production time per unit is about 2 years: One man builds one Acabion. The producer is an airplane builder. The Acabion is the Gerald Genta of future road traffic.

We have hundreds of unique and very special features to offer in the unique Acabion. Just a very few samples:

A) You decide the precise shape of your Acabion: Length, width, and height will be adjusted to your feeling of perfect proportions and dynamics. The Acabion shown in Geneva ist the smallest possible version in terms of width and height. It has 1/3 projected area of a small car.

B) The Acabion is to come with a computer cockpit, a fast ethernet computer-network with 3 terrabyte capacity plus fast WLAN and internet access (UMTS in Europe).

C) The Acabion provides an ultimately precise and brilliant Syrincs Oxygen Soundsystem 2 times Dolby 5.1 digital for driver and copilot separately, a sound system developed exclusively for Acabion. There is one huge acoustical advantage of the Acabions cockpit towards any car: It is symmetric. And we make a full use out of this advantage. The GTBO 36 System represents a value of about 100.000 Euro.

D) Engine with US dragster components. 300 modifications to serial Hayabusa.

E) All parts of body and interiour from Carbon / Kevlar and handmade, in accordance to high airplane quality standards.

F) Seats in accordance to the Acabion patent: Protection for the complete passengers' body is like inside a helmet.

G) Fail-safe structure with ultralight steelframe and carbon monocoque.

H) Perfect maintainability: The body is completely disassemblable. 350 torx screws take the static and dynamic forces. The engine is acousticaly isolated from the cockpit. It has a seperate steelframe and can be disassembled for inspection by removing just three (massive) bolts.

I) The Acabion can drive as a cabriolet: Pilots hood can be fixed between winglets.

J) Electric drive for backward movement, also capable of moving the Acabion foreward at 30 mph and for about 10 miles distance. (Strategy in behind: Avoiding engine coldstarts).

This list could be continued for hours.

An Acabion will always be absolute individually and tailormade for customer-needs. Quality is handmande swiss precision, throughout the complete vehicle on a level as the most sophisticated swiss mechanical watches. Price GTBO 36 starts at 540.000 Euro. A complete individual toolset (carbon forms interiour and exteriour ...) for any later parts supply is included.

For later years from 2012 onwards we plan a second brand with a different name and concept. Aluminium-body standardized streamliners will then be produced like todays cars. Power around 150 hp. Prices around 60.000 Euro then. Anyhow the Acabion will for all times stay the ''Genta'' of future road traffic. It will stay extremely rare and extremely capable. Production volume will never exceed just a handful of Acabion in a year.

productmain.jpg

links to articles:
Gizmag
acabion official site
conceptcarz

1500 bhp\ton, 180-280 mph in 10 seconds, 550 km\h, and best of all: 2,500,000 usd price tag! this is insane :blink:!! this is the first road legal thing i've ever seen that i actually believe could compete with the veyron performance wise. seriously light, high power and very little drag. AND it's a hybrid so no congestion charge :D. i'd love to see that thing being built.

Last edited:
Oh please, you can't compare that thing with the Veyron, regardless of performance.

Oh please, you can't compare that thing with the Veyron, regardless of performance.
Thank you, just what I was about to say. Of course, everything that fast (in terms of acceleration and top speed, not laptimes) sees the Veyron as the benchmark, but this is not a car anymore. So how can you compare it to a car?

This is like saying "Mike Tyson is better than Jessica Alba".

What's great about the Veyron isn't the top speed. It's the top speed it can achieve while still being a rolling living room with the driver perched on a comfortable lazyboy.

i was making the comparison PERFORMANCE WISE - i was never expecting something road legal to be faster than the veyron, and then this thing comes to my attention. sorry if that was misunderstood.

How good is it in a crash? That's what I want to know. I feel that if it crashes at high speed, it'll disintegrate in a spectacular, fiery (and obviously fatal) rollover.

We have built a car that will beat the veyron and put in this giant penis

It looks like a bike with training wheels, how do you turn around?

Didi anyone else notice, that this thing is actually a BIKE ??

It's a freakin' bike with two very, very dangerously small wheels to keep it from falling over.

Furthermore, even if it would be registered as a car....well...it just isn't one. How on earth is that thing supposed to be driven ? With a steering wheel ?? I really don't think so.

What the fuck is it with the top speed. Everyone can build something to bend the laws of physics in a straight line yes. I hardly see this thing doing any cornering whatsoever.

Lame, truly and honest to god lame.

My only issue with this? I could probably build that thing for a lot cheaper and all of the previous posters wouldn't be griping about it like they are. Honestly, if I wanted something that cost just as much as an airplane and looked like and airplane, well, by golly I'll buy and airplane.

Interesting design and it really as made my inner engineer happy. However, at the same time, I keep thinking that I could probably do that for a lot cheaper...

Didi anyone else notice, that this thing is actually a BIKE ??

It's a freakin' bike with two very, very dangerously small wheels to keep it from falling over.

Furthermore, even if it would be registered as a car....well...it just isn't one. How on earth is that thing supposed to be driven ? With a steering wheel ?? I really don't think so.

What the fuck is it with the top speed. Everyone can build something to bend the laws of physics in a straight line yes. I hardly see this thing doing any cornering whatsoever.

Lame, truly and honest to god lame.

That thing actually has an actuator which keeps it from falling over, the wheels only come out at low speed. It's supposed to be stable at speed to it wont fall over. However it wont corner as good as a sportscar, but that's not the point.
This thing is made for high speed bashes across the continent, however I fail to see anyone who can control a car on our busy motorways at excess of 300km/h for more than a few minutes. So it would only have a point if it would be computer controlled at high speed.
I highly doubt that the engine will be that economical, a Hayabusa will use double the fuel.
I like this concept, I actually came across it a couple of months ago, but I dont think it has much use at the moment. Although driving to Munich (600km) in 2h or so on one tank of fuel would be great, but the traffic is still gone make it impossible.

i was making the comparison PERFORMANCE WISE

We'd better make a lot more threads then;

Comets - a veyron destroyer?
Fighter jets - a veyron destroyer?
Electrons in a particle accelerator - a veyron destroyer?
The space shuttle - a veyron destroyer?

We'd better make a lot more threads then;

Comets - a veyron destroyer?

It's faster AND it shines!!!

Fighter jets - a veyron destroyer?

It's faster AND you can kill lots of people with its guns!

Electrons in a particle accelerator - a veyron destroyer?

Sure, it's not as comfortable to sit on, but the sheer speed of it...

The space shuttle - a veyron destroyer?

This Veyron destroyer sports much more speed, a prettier design,
AND so much storage space...

A Veryon beater must be a car. That is not a car, that is a glorified motorbike. Yeehaw, get yer leathers...

And don't forget, the Veryon corners, as well. That thing looks like it will tip over before it hits 0.5 G.