Accident-prone Richard Hammond on Crutches Again!

TurnerGTX

article-1224803-070E6C73000005DC-111_468x661.jpg

article-1224803-070E6C92000005DC-801_468x626.jpg

Richard Hammond has befallen his third injury of the year - this time after falling over while on a run in the woods.

The Top Gear presenter wrenched his ankle and damaged ligaments in his right leg while jogging through woodland near his Hertfordshire home.

Today he was spotted leaving a studio in London hobbling around on crutches.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1224803/Accident-prone-Richard-Hammond-crutches-falling-woodland-run.html

<reads full article>

Wait, what? Richard had a life-threatening dragster crash? Well I did not know that...

wait... what? Richard had a life threatening crash and the daily mail has reported it before. this is the first i've heard of this since. i really shouldn't keep sticking my head into the ground.

in all truth though, i don't think the Daily Mail is going to give up until something 'fatal' happens. They're probably sitting in their offices going "hasn't one of them killed themselves yet? hopefully one of them will wrap his head round a lamp post later this year. we can use this to prove how Top Gear glamorises reckless driving. we'll run a national campaign to disband the BBC and then we can blame it on the immigrants!"

wait... what? Richard had a life threatening crash and the daily mail has reported it before. this is the first i've heard of this since. i really shouldn't keep sticking my head into the ground.

in all truth though, i don't think the Daily Mail is going to give up until something 'fatal' happens. They're probably sitting in their offices going "hasn't one of them killed themselves yet? hopefully one of them will wrap his head round a lamp post later this year. we can use this to prove how Top Gear glamorises reckless driving. we'll run a national campaign to disband the BBC and then we can blame it on the immigrants!"

:lol:
Poor Hammond he will never get a break from the bastards over at the DM.

What the fuck kind of pansy ass crutches are those? That's not a proper crutch!

crutches_300.jpg

That's a proper clutch! You know, the kind that do more harm than good? :p

Also: Poor Hamster, etc, etc. Just goes to show why we should all avoid the outdoors.

richmondgal- the mentioned in the article he fell from a horse (crutches there too) and his morgan crash. Guess you can count that....

Also, he'll probably still be on crutches when they start filming studio segments for season 14- prepare for the ribbing- you know jeremy will be getting back at him after the lost voice debacle in the news last season.... :evil:

Last edited:
if only he had taken JC's lead, and used a land rover instead, he wouldnt have risked himself of such injury. :(

melbournian- the mentioned in the article he fell from a horse (crutches there too) and his morgan crash. Guess you can count that....

...even if it was only a minor fender bender and he wasn't hurt. :rolleyes:

Also, he'll probably still be on crutches when they start filming studio segments for season 14- prepare for the ribbing- you know jeremy will be getting back at him after the lost voice debacle in the news last season.... :evil:

:nod: There will be some serious piss-taking to be had, for sure.

Also? The Hamster lives in Herefordshire, you Daily Fail halfwits!

Last edited:
richmondgal- the mentioned in the article he fell from a horse (crutches there too) and his morgan crash. Guess you can count that....

FFTY :p

Anyway, he'll have to do MPH London and Birmingham and S14 on crutches. Poor Richard.

^ shit, sorry I wasn't reading the thread properly :(

Doesn't seem all that bad. It's just a great opportunity for the other presenters to give him a hard time. :D Richard Hammond narrowly escaped death in 2006 when he crashed a jet-propelled car he was driving for British motoring programme Top Gear.

What Hammond had jetcar accident? :blink:

Great reporting Dailymail, once again!

The BBC said:
3. When to start wearing one?
It's a hotly debated question. Many people think poppies should be worn from 1 November until Armistice Day on 11 November. Others pin one on only in the week running up to Remembrance Sunday - 8 November this year. A Royal British Legion spokesman says they can be worn from the launch of the poppy appeal, which this year was 22 October. Organisations like the BBC usually choose a day for presenters to start wearing one. This year it was from 6am on 24 October. Richard Hammond narrowly escaped death in 2006 when he crashed a jet-propelled car he was driving for British motoring programme Top Gear.

3. When to start wearing one?
It's a hotly debated question. Many people think poppies should be worn from 1 November until Armistice Day on 11 November. Others pin one on only in the week running up to Remembrance Sunday - 8 November this year. A Royal British Legion spokesman says they can be worn from the launch of the poppy appeal, which this year was 22 October. Organisations like the BBC usually choose a day for presenters to start wearing one. This year it was from 6am on 24 October. Richard Hammond was narrowly unearthed in 2006 when he crashed a jet-propelled shallow grave he was digging for British motoring programme Top Gear.

:lol: