• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Acer is not that bad after all..

Jostyrostelli

Forum Addict
I was ranting about Acer's customerservice that's it's bad..it still is. They told me that I wouln't have my notebook for over 4 weeks, guess what? I got an email yesterday that it's repaired and I will have it in 2 days. So that's not even 2 weeks!

Bad thing is, I'm on holiday when they bring it... :thumbsdown:

I worked in customer service\technical support for laptops all summer. They always just tell you the longest possible time to get the product back - not a realistic estimate of how long it will take. They just figure people will be happy when they get it back early, but most of the time it just causes shipping confusion (like it is with you). :?

Happy with my acer laptop!

TechZ said:
Acer in Middle East have a new collect/drop policy, all of their products will be picked from you and returned after repair/service. And within a very short time.
Damn, wish Viewsonic did that. It's gonna cost me an arm and a leg, plus probably 2 feet, to ship my 19" in for repairs. Stupid upper left corner displays reds as pinks.

That's what I love about my Sony monitor. It has had some flaws so far, but everytime they picked one up, they gave me another one... And mostly a better model. "I'm sorry Sir, we don't have your Monitor in stock at the moment, can we ship you the newer model?" Awesome...

Buba

Oh my laptop was send free too! They pick it up and drop it off too..all free..so not really that bad, concidering other brands let you ship it yourself.

Buba said:
That's what I love about my Sony monitor. It has had some flaws so far, but everytime they picked one up, they gave me another one... And mostly a better model. "I'm sorry Sir, we don't have your Monitor in stock at the moment, can we ship you the newer model?" Awesome...

Buba
Issue with that is that if there is no defect, they're out money.

I'm gonna contact them though to see if they like have an authorized dealer that can check for them to see if it's truely damaged and if so, then will they cover the cost. If not, I'll threaten to not buy another Viewsonic.

Dunno if all of that will do any good, but worth a shot.

I'm happy with my Acer laptop as well, havn't needed to use tech support yet thank god!

TechZ said:
Acer in Middle East have a new collect/drop policy, all of their products will be picked from you and returned after repair/service. And within a very short time.

Yeah Apple does that as well, They send you a box, and pay for overnighting it to the repair facility and back from the repair facility.

I didn't read what happened to it?

ps, its nice to read stuff like this. Mostly a company only stands out because something negative happened :/

^ The thing made more noise and it annoyed me.

This was their test report:

Change parts,M/B - Reflash BIOS

Fan exchanged, bios update

No idea what it means but it's repaired so I don't care 8)

you can get into the BIOS on any computer... but for laptops... its usually a F key instead of the Usual delete button... it will tell you when it shows the ASUS logo or something

my acer ferrari 3200 hard drive went broke, and acer finland sayed that i must leave my computer in the post office, and the post knows where to send it.
It was 2 weeks on repaired (none it was 1.1.2005 when i send it) and its working fine now.

they have good varranty repair services.