Someone Else's Problem: Acrofatic barge deluxe: 2007 Audi S6 Avant, or: The howlwagon

Sold. = And it got replaced by the most unlikely of all vehicles: A little Renault Twizy.

Granted, "replaced" is the wrong word, as I bought the Twizy already 6 weeks before I've sold the S6, and for that time I had both, me thinking it would be the perfect two-car garage, the little Twizy for the daily commute and for shopping trips, and the big S6 for the weekends or for any transregional stint.

But in reality it wasn't like that, as I only used the Audi exactly 1x during the last 6 weeks, the other time it just sat there.

And I didn't even advertise my intend to sell the S6, word if mouth got around fast, and I got an offer for it by somebody that knew one of my neighbours. Was a really quick deal, I had a hand-written notice in my letter box, at 9 o' clock the next day I mailed said person, at 12 o'clock we met up and did a 15min test drive together, and a few minutes later the trade was made. - I already knew the sell was in the bag from the moment on when the guys face lit up brightly during the Milltek-exhaust-system cold start racket. :LOL:

So there we are, the end of an era, my ICE swan song was a V10.

Last edited:
Okay, now I can hate on the Twizy.

Oh wow! That's quite a change. Glad the S6 is moving on to a home that will hopefully drive it.

Reactions: lip
  • Haha
Well I totally missed this, somehow. As it has now been two months, has the itch for something growly returned yet? Mine certainly has, 3 years after selling my V8. :p

Well I totally missed this, somehow. As it has now been two months, has the itch for something growly returned yet? Mine certainly has, 3 years after selling my V8. :p

Eh, no. :LOL:

The Twizy is too much fun for that to happen, as you're in constant full tilt race mode in it, there is the priceless and classless positive road-puppy attention it gets from all ages, and the awesome jet engine noises it makes are pure fun on top of that. - First time I fell in love with a car! - But don't tell the lady, ok?! :cool:

And then there is another aspect: Suddenly there is all this money, where the heck does it come from?... oh, I see, it's what the S6 would have burned up! - It drank on average 14L/100km (20mpg UK, 16,7mpg US) of 98. - In relation the Twizy is under(!) 1L/100km (more than 282mpg UK, 235mpg US)!

Granted, the "push the V10 up a pass road" itch is still around, particularly at the weekends, and especially now during the holidays. - But that's easily cured by just doing another giggle loop with the Twizy. - Sorted! :LOL:(y)

Last edited:
It's probably similar to what makes a base-engine MX-5 fun. You're always going flat out, usually away from expensive territories (fuel or rozzers).

A slow car fast is always more fun than a fast car slow.

1.8 Kompressor would beg to differ. It’s great until I want to go fast. But I at least can do 200kmh…