Ownership Verified: Acrofatic barge deluxe: 2007 Audi S6 Avant, or: The howlwagon

lip

Car(s)
Audi S6 V10 wagon
^ Date for the installation is in two weeks. Damn all these people wanting to swap to winter tires, taking all the garage manpower, while the truly important stuff like my exhaust swap has to wait. ;) :ROFLMAO:

And now something completely different: A Tesla Plaid motor:
plaid.jpg

If I ever going to buy a Plaid, I hope I get one of those where I personally checked the 1000hp main output shaft:
20211110-083742.jpg

The reason that these parts are coming to my firm is the fact that we have a magnetic particle inspection system that allows visual crack detection. The part gets magnetised (and later demagnetised again) by a electric current and then sprayed on with a magnetic particle carrier solution (oil in our case), so even the tiniest crack or damage will show itself under UV light.
20211110-083806.jpg

20211110-102200.jpg

Last edited:

Galantti

Is all about the suomibass
DONOR
Car(s)
VW id3, Honda NM4 Vultus

BerserkerCatSplat

Hormone Induced
Car(s)
The Jeep of Theseus, Angry Wagon
The reason that these parts are coming to my firm is the fact that we have a magnetic particle inspection system that allows visual crack detection. The part gets magnetised (and later demagnetised again) by a electric current and then sprayed on with a magnetic particle carrier solution (oil in our case), so even the tiniest crack or damage will show itself under UV light.

Don't know about your locale, but in North America the MPI process is commonly called "Magnaflux". Most engine machine shops will have a MPI station for checking blocks, heads, etc.

lip

Car(s)
Audi S6 V10 wagon
^ Yep, MPI = Magnaflux

Anyway, off with the aftermarket summer wheels...
20211129-101918.jpg

Back to the original S6 winter circles. And even in a scratched up state they suit the understated character of the car much better than those tacky aftermarkets.
20211129-104759.jpg

Also, the car goes into the shop today to finally get the Milltek exhaust system bolted in. - This makes it the last day with any smiling and waving "hi there" neighbours. They probably had a garden party the day I sold the V8 barkwagon. - Well, tomorrow you can say "hello" to the V10 howlwagon. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: